PDA

View Full Version : ways to convince parents???

enduro400rider
05-31-2006, 07:31 PM
well i tried talking my dad into letting me buy a 77 camaro i found for sale about 2 weeks ago. i tried to talk to him the normal way but instead he freaked out and said no because i have to save my car money to buy a car off my uncle. i said fine and just walked away because he couldnt be reasonable and talk to me with out freaking out. so now my last chance is talking to my mom. she knows nothing about cars but she has access to my account. lately i have been workin my *** off tring to find summer works ect. i mow grass for $40 a week and i just got a job at a grocery store, and i umpire baseball games, and i am supposed to work for a company starting next month parking cars. so its not like i cant afford it. i tried to explain that to my old man but he wont listen. basically i would just be buying the car for a project, to build up over a year or two, since i am going to a technical school for automotive machanics i figured it would be good to learn on. anybody have any tips on convincing them to let me get it? by the way in case your wondering im not going to drive it daily i know i couldnt afford the gas for a beast like that.

hartnett18
05-31-2006, 08:06 PM
just keep bringing up the subject and keep talking about it evntually they should consider looking into it.

yellowzo3
05-31-2006, 08:23 PM
well first i would concentrate on something to drive daily...if you have that covered already then try to talk to him a little at a time maybe...is he into cars and stuff too? maybe you could make it like a father son project kind of thing

enduro400rider
06-01-2006, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by yellowzo3
well first i would concentrate on something to drive daily...if you have that covered already then try to talk to him a little at a time maybe...is he into cars and stuff too? maybe you could make it like a father son project kind of thing

yea he is into cars... or was, he had 3 camaros back in the day a 69, 74 and 76, and then a vette. he hasnt had a muscle car for over 20 years, but when he did he worked on them modding them out a little bit but i guess once he had kids he just stopped with the cars and hasnt really looked back. i have been a car freak my whole life, i know more about cars than him but he doesnt want to admit to it but i dont really bother him about it. he insists on picking out everyones car in my family, he doesnt really know what he is buying anymore, he doesnt really look into the specs ect. he just looks at it and if it looks nice to him then he would buy it, so far he hasnt done that great of a job with his choices but nobody can change his mind. he doesnt want to work on anything so the father son thing is out. if my mom doesnt go for it then i guess im screwed, ill give it a try and see what happens