PDA

View Full Version : Sparks heat shield?

watts16
05-31-2006, 06:38 PM
Does anyone make a heat shield for the Sparks exhaust? I ride with my legs really close to the motor. And my leg gets really hot while racing.

compedge
05-31-2006, 08:31 PM
This is my set up on a rossier. Header wrap and a sportbike heat shield

culookn
05-31-2006, 10:16 PM
i run a sparks pipe with no heat shield. never once has it given me any burns.

watts16
05-31-2006, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by culookn
i run a sparks pipe with no heat shield. never once has it given me any burns.

Really? My boots are melted from being on the pipe. Im going to try the wrap stuff.

shamisc
06-01-2006, 08:22 PM
My buddy used his stock heatsheild on his Sparks header.:confused:

GIXXER1KR
06-01-2006, 08:25 PM
What happens to the header wrap in the woods with mud and puddles!!!

EvilMaximus
06-02-2006, 02:04 AM
ya i too would like to know where i can get a heat shield for my HMF header..it burnt a whole in my pants last weekend...guy at the Honda shop said the full don't come with heat shields much anymore..any after markets and where?

Quadster450
06-02-2006, 12:24 PM
i'd do a search on the forums for header wrap and do a little reseach. I was goin to do it a while ago but decided not too after reading up on it. depending on your riding it may have some undesirable effects on your pipe, like rust etc... I asked a guy at HMF and he said not to wrap it. just my opinion :D

eastside 400
06-02-2006, 03:18 PM
why not just put the stock one on, mine fit right up, idk if the 06 bend wont fit or that but my 05 fit fine

dj400ex
06-02-2006, 04:36 PM
lol my pants on the knees got melted from muddy races and me almost falling off my seat (being lazy)

IOWAracer
06-02-2006, 11:18 PM
Just what i was told........if you wrap it the pipe has a harder time letting heat exscape which could cause over heating problems.

I know moose sells a heat shield that is made by e line i believe that will work with diffrent pipes check out mooseracing.com

Broc

ex kid
06-03-2006, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by shamisc
My buddy used his stock heatsheild on his Sparks header.:confused:

compedge
06-04-2006, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by IOWAracer
Just what i was told........if you wrap it the pipe has a harder time letting heat exscape which could cause over heating problems.

Broc

Header wrap lets the exhaust gasses out faster. Im ganna try and find a wright up about it on line.

And you wont burn your pants! If your worried about the header rotting it will take some time. After I wash my atv I start it to dry the header . And if it does rot It will take a few years .

Im ganna redo mine with black wrap in a few weeks. I will let you know how the pipe looks under it.

RacinMason_690
06-05-2006, 09:35 PM
I had header wrap on my Rossier for a few months but my boots rubbed on it alot and it ripped and looked really retarded after that. So then I just learned to ride without hugging the bike so much and I havent had a problem since. And the black dye in the wrap pressure washed off too so it turned white after a while. Id say forget about the wrap and try something else.