PDA

View Full Version : i did it

michael250
05-31-2006, 06:16 PM
I did a sit down wheelie.Like 20 minutes ago i was ridin in my neighbors yard and i was thinkin to myself im gonna do im gonna do it. Well first couple of trys i got nothin. Then i took a break and thought it out, i was gonna try the clutch. first couple of trys i didnt get it high enough. so i thought im jus gonna give more gas. Well im settin up i got one finger on the clutch i hit the gas pull up and pop the clutch and bam i got it goin and i actually shifted the first time i really did it. So i kept doin it and finally i went a lil too much and landed on the grab. Whoever saidf allin on the grab bar takes away sum of the fear is right. And tomrow im gonna go over there again and keep practicin. Ive been workin on it for sum time i can wheelie with my foot on the grab bar but i wanted to sit down.

srry no pictures and for the long paragraph its jus im happy that i can finally do it and i wanted to spread the word lol

ps-if yall have any other tips on wheelin better post them i wanna get all the help i can get.

fmfracing5
05-31-2006, 06:37 PM
hit the throttle is all i do and the blaster come up, yes going back on your grab bar takes away almost all of your fears of the bike falling on you, with your clutch problem just push in the throttle 3/4th's of the way in and let the clutch out slowly then when you feel it start moving give it more gas and go

Dan_Guetter
05-31-2006, 06:39 PM
congrats

michael250
05-31-2006, 07:02 PM
thanks

I wnt to try and do them without using the clutch though?any tips on that?

fmfracing5
05-31-2006, 11:40 PM
woops i misread your post, 250ex dont have alot of power and not enough torque to really pop it up with out the any effort and without the clutch so my guess is pushing the throttle all the way and lean back and it might come up

firefighterjosh
05-31-2006, 11:56 PM
I rode a 250ex all you have to do is hit the gas and yank up it will do a wheelie. Just keep your right foot on the breaks and get ready to tap them if it gets back too far.

My friend did a wheelie on his 450r for 7 Miles down the road. Talk about awesome I never seen anybody able to steer a quad doing a wheelie!

Edit - 4 Miles

06-01-2006, 12:39 AM
:eek: :) :D :cool:

Nausty
06-01-2006, 09:35 AM
practice is all it takes. You have it it in no time and as you get better you'll be able to pop it on command w/ a small yank on the bars! DOn't really have much to worry about on level ground doin first and 2nd gear wheelies! keep it up

Quad Dude
06-07-2006, 08:51 PM
my farthest wheelie was four miles to i did it down the hwy that runs by my house. its kind of a windy road but i can make the bends with the right tire pressure. best part was bout 2 miles in to it a tractor pulling a wagon full of bales pulled out i front of me. and me being to stubborn to set it down i just passed him and waved.

only advice i can give u is know where your back brake is (it will save a whole lot of problems) and practise as much a you can