PDA

View Full Version : Steering Stem Help, QUICK!

Sjorge450R
05-31-2006, 05:15 PM
Well, I started to put a new stem in my 300ex and I have a problem. the bearing is stuck. There is no top or bottom of the bearings, I can see right through it. Its just stuck. I have heated it and beat the chit out of it, but it wont budge. Can someone help quick?

yellowzo3
05-31-2006, 05:20 PM
the bearing where? if its the one that connects to the frame at the bottom (if 300ex's have that im not sure) and you dont want to reuse it, take a socket thats almost the same size as it and try and beat it out that way...use wd40 or a bolt loosener as you do this...thats my only idea so hopefully that helps you a bit...good luck with it.

derekhonda
05-31-2006, 05:22 PM
im not positive on the 300, but you might wanna pull the c-clip out first:confused:

Sjorge450R
05-31-2006, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by yellowzo3
the bearing where? if its the one that connects to the frame at the bottom (if 300ex's have that im not sure) and you dont want to reuse it, take a socket thats almost the same size as it and try and beat it out that way...use wd40 or a bolt loosener as you do this...thats my only idea so hopefully that helps you a bit...good luck with it.

there is only one bearing on the stem and yes, its the bottom one. I am havoing such a hard time with this. I have another one to put it.

derekhonda
05-31-2006, 05:27 PM
Yep, just looked it up on parts fish. Staring from the top of the bearing down, there will be a C-clip sitting on top of the bearing. That dude is going no-where until you remove it. Have fun :devil:

yellowzo3
05-31-2006, 05:28 PM
did you check what derekhonda said? i dont have a 300ex so im just trying to think of ideas to get it to budge...the socket is the only thing i know of...can you somehow hit it with something to try to get it to spin? anything to get it to budge

Sjorge450R
05-31-2006, 05:57 PM
alright, well I heated the crap out of it (it was so bright and hot It hurt....lol) and it finaly came out. Thanks for the help. and yes, the snap ring was removed :cool: