PDA

View Full Version : Bare Performance now has Wideband Oxygen Sensor setups.

AL Elks
05-31-2006, 03:43 PM
Man you talk about fantastic customer service. I asked Matt to check into a system I wanted and he now is a distributor for that system. The systems run anywhere from $349.00 suggested retail to $589 suggested retail. PM Matt for prices. I know I'm getting ready to order the following setup from him:

http://www.fullthrottlespeed.com/mmFTSS/Images/3273756.jpg

This is the $589 suggested retail kit.

Here's a link to the product website where you can check it out (this link is to the base kit): http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/lm1.php

Thanks Matt:D

Derno24
05-31-2006, 06:24 PM
Yeah they sell the same thing in the Jegs catalog and Summit too.

AL Elks
05-31-2006, 06:52 PM
Yea but make sure you check out Bare Performance because the suggested retail is not what he sells them for. Plus as a small business owner myself I give the small business man my business every chance I get.

370kingR
05-31-2006, 07:40 PM
Al your the best man! Your like a LTR performance bloodhound :D

Whats the best way to contact these peeps at Bare Performance?

So this would help us figure out correct jetting without using a A/F off a dyno correct??

I just got my Fimak today (had the PIM), some extra gaskets, a manual, and the cams are due in very soon from Web :rolleyes:

Thanks Al

AL Elks
05-31-2006, 07:49 PM
http://www.bareperformance.com/shop/

It's not on his site yet because he literally just became a distributor as I emailed him yesterday and he bacame a distributor within 24 hours. He's a great guy to deal with.

With this setup we should be able to jet absolutely perfect for AF without a dyno.

Shindog
05-31-2006, 08:09 PM
Excuse my ignorance but what all does this unit do? Will it adjust the fuel/air ratio? timing? record horse power? Is it like a minni dyno or mainly an EFI tunner? Is it as good or better than a power commander? Like a PIM and FIMAK together?

benz400
05-31-2006, 08:12 PM
good questions, i would like to know too...

AL Elks
05-31-2006, 08:21 PM
What this unit does is let you monitor your AF ratio at any given RPM as well as Throttle Position. That's why I'm going with the $589 version because it has the Aux Box which lets you hook up the TPS so you can monitor it.

The ECU can adjust the amount of fuel and has 200 adjustment points to it. Now can you imagine trying to adjust all those points by feel alone.

It has the ability to logg everything so you can pull it up on a computer and see what the results look like. With this information you can then use the FIMAK or programmer to adjust the AF ratio where it is needed.

Hold on and I'll go get some screen shots of the date it logs and post them here. You can also go to the website listed above and learn quite a bit as there are videos you can watch.

Here you go:

Here's a couple examples of the charts it produces:

Looks like the Map sheets sent with PIM.

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/images/logworks_chart.jpg

This is a playback mode.

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/images/logworks_playback.jpg

We all know what this looks like.

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/images/logworks_graph.jpg

Derno24
06-01-2006, 06:16 AM
Originally posted by AL Elks
Yea but make sure you check out Bare Performance because the suggested retail is not what he sells them for. Plus as a small business owner myself I give the small business man my business every chance I get.

I wasn't trying to attack you on that just pointing out that they are available other places. I appreciate the small business man as much as the next guy.

AL Elks
06-01-2006, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Derno24
I wasn't trying to attack you on that just pointing out that they are available other places. I appreciate the small business man as much as the next guy.

Trust me brother. I didn't take it that way at all.

AL Elks
06-01-2006, 05:14 PM
According to the manufacturer when I talked to them all you do is tap into the TPS wire and at zero throttle you take a voltage reading. You then move the throttle to Wide Open and take another reading. You put this data in the unit and it will do the rest.

That's why you need the model with the Aux Box. the Aux Box is a plugin module that lets you plug in things such as the TPS sensor wire among other things.

AL Elks
06-01-2006, 05:44 PM
I agree. I've heard nothing but good thing about them.

Derno24
06-01-2006, 08:23 PM
Just one reminder for people wanting to get the full system you will need to weld a bung into your header pipe. It isn't just plug and play. You can however skip the TPS stuff and just do a clamp on pipe test. Only good for idling and revving it out, but not for riding.

I have one already. Loaner from a friend!

armoks
06-01-2006, 08:42 PM
The aux box stays on the quad and always records if you want it to, if you don't need it all the time you can get away with running just the RPM cable from them it has the slots to take up to 5 different readings off of it but you will have to throw the main LM! controler in youre backpack.

Im taking my quad down to a buddies to get the frame welded per the recall and im going to have him weld me in a bung into the mid pipe ont eh DMC pipe I got so I can have the way of running the 02 sensor in when I want it. Derno has my LM1 right now and I have created plenty of maps for the cannondales useing the LM! as soon as I can find a power commander and get the LM1 back I'll be starting on a coulple maps for the LTR. Just wish I could play with the ignition timing on these like I could with the dales. Theres soo much you can do with ingnition changes and fuekl then we are stuck with just fuel so far on the LTR.

AL Elks
06-01-2006, 08:42 PM
Derno24 is absolutely right. I'm going with the bung myself. When tuning I"ll just remove the plug from the bung and screw in the Bosch Oxygen sensor and of course attach all the other wires needed.

The setup they have for putting the oxygen sensor down the tailpipe doesnt' look like it would be too compatible with the Yoshi Exhaust due to the endcap. There would be nowhere to clamp it on. You'd have to rig a way of getting it down the center of the pipe.

AL Elks
06-01-2006, 08:49 PM
armoks,

I'm going to rig mine so everything will connect up using connectors when I need to do the tuning. I'm like you. I don't want the boxes remainig on the qued all the time. I only want them on there when I'm doing my test runs and then I'll just uplug everything.

I've never fooled with fuel injection but I"ve been doing my homework and I cant' wait to start tuning this thing. So far I haven't seen any better system than the LM-1. I like you would love to be able to alter the ignitiion timing on this thing.