PDA

View Full Version : Question reguarding suspension

Ern
05-31-2006, 12:54 PM
Question 1. I seem have some play in the collars of my shocks at the bottom where they bolt to the lower A arm. Is this abnormal. Should I buy 2 new collars for both sides? They both have play becuase when I pick the front end up the shocks fall/move around.

Question 2. I want to do some minor jumping maybe larger. I have a 300ex with stock suspension but other mods. Im just curious what I should upgrade to do some jumping without breaking something.

Honda TRX250ex
05-31-2006, 02:45 PM
I have the same play in my front shocks too. I bought new collars for service honda and it made an improvment but not to much. To fix that problem you would need to either get a new shock (easier way) or make a bushing that fits perfectly in there.

Your second question. Stock suspenion will handle jumps all the way up to 60 foot ones. If you are serious about putting money in to your quad for jumping I would reccomend ekla shocks with burgard a arms.

Ern
05-31-2006, 03:12 PM
The shocks are new to me but used, my last set broke. the collar siezed up and the shocked broke at the weld where they are bolted to the a arm.

My old ones had no play but these do. I just didnt know if it would hurt anything.

JoE4554
05-31-2006, 03:16 PM
if you want to put money into your suspension....i would suggest any a-arms from Burgard , Laeger. , American Star Racing or even 400ex a-arms stock or aftermarket. For you shocks , you can go with Workz , Elka or Custom Axis.

Ern
05-31-2006, 03:18 PM
stock 400ex a arms will bolt up?

Cody_300ex
05-31-2006, 04:35 PM
If you really want a good national type set-up I sugest GDH LT +3 300ex a-arms, and a pair decent pair of 400ex shocks weather it be stock or aftermarket, or Stock yfz shocks. The a-arms are top notch quailty, and cant be beat at 550 dollars for the arms, tie rods, nuts, ect. Heres a pic of my GDH front end....