View Full Version : FCR Main Jets

Lonestar_R
05-31-2006, 11:08 AM
Are all the Keihin Main jets the same....or are the FCR main jets different from the other carbs main jets...thanks in advance

chad502ex
05-31-2006, 05:51 PM
the standard keihin mains from Sudco.com parts breakdown will tell you this. The SUDCO website is really helpful and jets costs about $5ea

Lonestar_R
05-31-2006, 05:58 PM
Chad I knew you could help me out....does Sudco have a minum order........what would your best guess be for my jetting with no lid, baffle out, no backfire screen and a aftermarket filter......just point me in the right direction I realize I will have to fine tune it.....this is all for an 06 at about 1000' above sea level

motox450
05-31-2006, 06:32 PM
Hey magicracing.com has FCR mainjets as well and they are $4 a piece thats where I get all mine, and no thet don't have a minimum order quantity. Hope this helps

Lonestar_R
05-31-2006, 06:41 PM
MotoX that is exactly what I wanted to know......I was going to order them from them......cause I can get them here pretty quickly......I found what jets are the same on sudco's site and now I can order them...thanks guys....

motox450
05-31-2006, 06:48 PM
Lonestar not a problem glad to help. I live in Illinois and they usually only 2 days to get here after the order is placed and shipping is not very expensive. There service is really good. I messed up one time and ordered the wrong pilot jet and they sent me a new correct one without charging me shipping or for the jet. I always buy whatever I can from there for that reason. Were in PA are you from? Ever heard of Clearfield?
Russ

Lonestar_R
05-31-2006, 07:00 PM
Yep I'm not that far from clearfield.......I'm about an hour south of Erie......I like magic racing....they have always treated me pretty good.....and I get stuff in about 2 days.....do you like their SRP Mixture screw.....I was going to order that too.....

motox450
05-31-2006, 07:32 PM
Lonestar,
I love my screw. It makes if far far easier to change. For the money one of the best buys I have found. As for the Clearfield question I grew up there and still have family around there.

Quadster450
06-02-2006, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Lonestar_R
what would your best guess be for my jetting with no lid, baffle out, no backfire screen and a aftermarket filter......just point me in the right direction I realize I will have to fine tune it.....this is all for an 06 at about 1000' above sea level

you might not even have to rejet. Are those the only mods you've done? Pulling out the baffle and an aftermarket filer shouldn't require any rejetting. Pulling the lid may make you a little lean. How does it run? I'd start with the fuel screw and work your way up from there, make one change at a time :cool:

Lonestar_R
06-02-2006, 01:57 PM
Its lean from the factory.......just taking the lid off and doing nothing else it didn't run very well......with an aftermarket filter and the backfire screen out will make it even leaner.....

jjm400ex
06-02-2006, 05:40 PM
I WAS GOING TO DO THE SAME MODS to my 06 450r. i was just going to go up one size on the main jet, but not sure what the original size main is. anyone help please>>??

Lonestar_R
06-02-2006, 06:36 PM
Well Mine is a 120 Main, and 42 Pilot and a 70 Leak Jet.....this is a Bone Stock 06ER.....I am doing a Sparks Filter and adapter ring....Backfire Screen out, and the no Lid, and the baffle out of the exhaust...my jets and and fuel mixture screw are on the way.....from what I have read on HMF's website when you get rid of the lid and a aftermarket filter and a slip on piep the main jet needs to be around a 170...which they are at about the same elevation as I am.......figure the HRC kit comes with a 162 main....so that is just with the HRC baffle and no lid......we'll see next weekend...my shocks should be back from Derisi and I'll have her jetted and I'll have her uncorked a little.....My Buddy has a bone stock 06ER and we'll see how mine runs compared to his stocker...

jjm400ex
06-04-2006, 05:52 AM
ok, like i said before, i'm coming off o 400ex, i've had my 06 450r for 2 weeks now. heres my question. with my 400ex running no air box lid and exhaust mods i only had top go up a couple of sizes on the main jet. 148 stock, i went to a 158.
why such a big increase on the 450's. 120 stock and up to 162 with just airbox and exhaust mods.

4ABURN
06-04-2006, 06:44 AM
Same mods as you except stock filter. 165 main,CRF needle,45 pilot runs way stronger than all bottled up.:D

Lonestar_R
06-04-2006, 09:22 AM
its because they are very bottled up from the factory......

Hey 4ABurn what position are you running the clip on your needle....

I hoping my jets are here this comming week...cause I have my lid cut and my sparks filter and adapter in already....and then when I get my shocks from Derisi this week.....I'll take her out for some test and tune runs

4ABURN
06-04-2006, 08:44 PM
its because they are very bottled up from the factory......

Hey 4ABurn what position are you running the clip on your needle....

I hoping my jets are here this comming week...cause I have my lid cut and my sparks filter and adapter in already....and then when I get my shocks from Derisi this week.....I'll take her out for some test and tune runs

Mine is in the 4th position down from the top but know that it is getting warmer I might put in the 3rd. Thats were i would put yours if it is warm there and try that first. Pm me if it is good there if I don't beat you to it. :D :D

Quadster450
06-05-2006, 04:28 PM
Its lean from the factory.......just taking the lid off and doing nothing else it didn't run very well......with an aftermarket filter and the backfire screen out will make it even leaner.....

must be the elevation . mine ran fine with lid off and no baffle with stock jets. i'm at 2700 ft. i didn't rejet until i put exhuast on and even then i'm only running a 158 main 45 pilot