PDA

View Full Version : softening 400ex rear shock?

Alberta_Qaudin
05-31-2006, 09:50 AM
k i know this is the wrong forum but i'm lookin for quick help.

i cant get the lock ring on my rear shock to breeak to soften up my rear end a bit, what do you guys use and is there any ticks to it. does the srping HAVE to be compressed

400exrules
05-31-2006, 09:57 AM
whoah wait up, its the stock shock right??? you can adjust it in 5 seconds with a screw driver.

their are two screws on the left side of the shock, one at the top, one at the bottom, all you have to do is turn them. left softens, right hardens. im not sure which one is compression and which one is rebound though, but turn them to the left alittle bit for a softer ride, and just experiment with the different settings

Alberta_Qaudin
05-31-2006, 10:14 AM
well would ya look at that, not only am i a moron, i'll never trust another guy from the honda place i asked about softening them........ :huh

thanks alot now to soften the front

YFZ450Ridr
05-31-2006, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Alberta_Qaudin
well would ya look at that, not only am i a moron, i'll never trust another guy from the honda place i asked about softening them........ :huh

thanks alot now to soften the front

thier should be a little ring on the bottom of the fronts with a clip that has different notches on it, same as the stock ltz shocks i think. what i do is put a rag over a screw driver and pry off the a arms onto the shock to compress the shock a little. then just move it with your hand to one of the lower notches on the clip. the fronts dont have any compression or rebound adjustibility.

400exrules
05-31-2006, 10:42 AM
yah for the fronts, i actually adjusted mine the other day because they are too stiff for me, i just took a crow bar(flathead screwdriver will work), and i stuck it in the little notches that are on the ring around the bottom of the shock, and tapped the crow bar a few times with a rubber mallet and that worked fine.
it rides alot better now too