PDA

View Full Version : ???Clutch &/or Transmission Problem???

RBHonda400ex
05-31-2006, 09:08 AM
I need some help on a problem with my 2002 honda 400ex. I think it is my clutch or tranny but not to sure. It seems that my clutch is stuck engaged because i can start the quad without grabbing the clutch & can shift gears without grabbing the clutch & staulling out.

I took the clutch case off and took the clutch plates apart & everything looks good, no burn marks or warn parts. Now wondering if somehow i broke ther tranny.

If i shift gears it clicks into gear but seems like the clucth won't release to catch the gear.

Looking for answers or help.

RiderTRX400ex
05-31-2006, 03:02 PM
sounds like your cable may be out of adjustment... if you can start it without pulling the clutch in it doesnt have anything to do with the tranny, nor does shifting without using the clutch.

well, can you use the clutch? can you stop in gear with the clutch pulled in and it not stall? .. if you cant id say its out of adjustment or time for a new cable!

RBHonda400ex
05-31-2006, 08:00 PM
I cannot even get it to move, it will start but when i go to give it gas it just revs without moving. i tried to move the cable all the way out and then all the way in neither way i had success.

wishmasstir
06-03-2006, 08:43 AM
send me a pm if you messed with it this weekend ... let me know how the quadfathers advice went