View Full Version : ???Clutch &/or Transmission Problem???

RBHonda400ex
05-31-2006, 09:06 AM
I need some help on a problem with my 2002 honda 400ex. I think it is my clutch or tranny but not to sure. It seems that my clutch is stuck engaged because i can start the quad without grabbing the clutch & can shift gears without grabbing the clutch & staulling out.

I took the clutch case off and took the clutch plates apart & everything looks good, no burn marks or warn parts. Now wondering if somehow i broke ther tranny.

If i shift gears it clicks into gear but seems like the clucth won't release to catch the gear.

Looking for answers or help.

exrider008
05-31-2006, 02:03 PM
mine starts in gear but it is because i have and aftermarket clutch and there r wiers on the stock one that u have to take off. so i would check those wires.

RBHonda400ex
05-31-2006, 08:06 PM
Everything was fine, riding fine then all of a sudden it just would not catch a gear, i did not do any modifications. it just stopped moving all of a sudden. my cklutch cable is fine i tried to adjust it all the way out & all the way in neither did anything.

I was told that i might have broke my transmission shaft which could take the pressure off of the clutch which will allow me to start the quad without pulling the clutch.

Is that possible or even logical?????