PDA

View Full Version : Used Quad Checklist

ShiftFMX
05-31-2006, 07:46 AM
Ok, I should be going to look at this 400 tonight or tomorrow, What are some of the things I should look at?

:devil:

honduh440
05-31-2006, 08:16 AM
you can always tell how someone takes care of their quad by how clean their airfilter is.

woodsman250r
05-31-2006, 08:26 AM
Def. make sure to check the bearings for the front wheels, carrier, swingarm. Also check aarm bushings and stem. Check the airfilter as well. Start the bike up and ride it, this way you know how it is on power and also if you hear any knocking or weird noises coming from the motor. And just check the frame over good for any cracks or repair welds. Basically just check over the entire bike with a watchful eye for anything that looks used or abused.

elchankoblanko
05-31-2006, 08:33 AM
Feel around under the engine for any oil leakes, I had to learn that one the hard way:rolleyes:

Scro
05-31-2006, 09:00 AM
On that bike....nothing:p That thing is mint!

CHEVYZ
05-31-2006, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by elchankoblanko
Feel around under the engine for any oil leakes, I had to learn that one the hard way:rolleyes: Definately check for suspicious leaks... as well as what everyone else has said. Been there!

trx400exxracer
05-31-2006, 10:04 AM
take the seat and fenders off and see how clean it is under there and all

and just ask then how often they chane the oil and such

300exOH
05-31-2006, 10:21 AM
That thing looks like it's hardly been ridden. If the owner will let you I would remove the drain plug on the float bowl and see what comes out. If it's been sitting around too much you will see white stufff in the gas. Not too big of a deal but could be a bargaining tool. Also make sure you run the quad long enough to get up to full operating temp to make sure it runs right. I would ask about any mods/repairs done to the quad too. It looks like a very nice unmolested 400 though.

You probably already know this but don't forget to check the oil level/condition.