PDA

View Full Version : 2006 hrc cam

angry450r
05-31-2006, 05:35 AM
last night I had a debate with my buddy and I do tend to agree with this somewhat, but from this sight I have heard such great things here it is- I told my buddy I wanted the hrc kit he was telling me that the cam is really gonna hurt the bottom end torque but really gain up top. which in theory this is true but what from what I have heard on here everyone brags that t"the quad pulls so much harder throughout the powerband" and I am also a bigger guy so he claims its really gonna hurt me down low even more cause Im losing torque and it already takes that much more to move my fat *****. IM like 230. so ya I have a disadvantage to most, I dont mx or anything just a weekend warrior and thats the other thing he claims the cam for where we ride will suck. some dunes, trails, small motcoss tracks, ect. says your only gonna feel the useable power pinned in 5th in big dunes or in a long drag race. what you all think or have you experianced?

CHEVYZ
05-31-2006, 06:14 AM
That is BS. The HRC kit consists of alot of various componets which in turn give the bike alot more power ALL AROUND, not entirely specific to one area. I myself do not know about the design of the cam itself, but coupled with the larger diameter head pipe, the muffler "opened up," and other such things, the power all around is crazy. It pulls like an animal from start to finish, and it makes the bike run so much better. Before I had problems getting the bike to pulll in higher gears, and felt the bottm end was lacking. Now it is a whole different ballgame. 1st through 3rd is a wild animal, and damn, you better be hanging on! Wheelies in fifth seem natural... when you pump that throttle, the bike comes right on up. I have had experience with many different quads, and between stock, stock uncorked, and with an HRC kit with my 06. This quad with an HRC kit seems to have some of the best bottom end I have yet to feel, but the all around power is really what gets me hopping on the 06 everytime I go for a ride. :devil:

If I were you, I would pick one up without a question! Installment is easy if you do it right and take your time, if not, go to the dealer. I have an HRC kit for sale right now, too if you are interested. LMK, and give me an offer if you are interested. Everything is negotiable. http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=234740

450rJam
05-31-2006, 03:13 PM
get the hrc kit, it pulls like a monster all the way through every gear.
its not lacking in low end at all and it really shines when she starts to rev.
install it and you can prove your friend is nuts