PDA

View Full Version : jetting

hannibal3495
05-30-2006, 08:33 PM
This what I got 05 TLD, I have put a K&N drop-in and an HMF slipon (sport series).

Temp is 70-90 degrees, humidity is between 60%-85% elevation is 900ft.

I put the supplied 155MJ in and warmed her up, pinned it in 5th and shut her down. I pulled the plug and was white with a hint of tan, but more white than anything. Does anybody have good idea approximately where it should be. At almost $8 a jet and they won't take them back. I thought maybe around 165MJ or a little less. Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Scott

wolffie
05-31-2006, 01:20 PM
buy a complete jet kit off of rockymountainatv.com for like $55 (it will be worth it in the long run) start at 170mj, and then keep dropping off from there. probably between 162.5 and 170 is where you will be at.

you should be pretty good from there. ride it for a bit, and check the plug. you may or may not have to adjust your needle. if need be, just move it to the 4rth position to richen it up.

preddymoto
06-03-2006, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by wolffie
buy a complete jet kit off of rockymountainatv.com for like $55 (it will be worth it in the long run) start at 170mj, and then keep dropping off from there. probably between 162.5 and 170 is where you will be at.

you should be pretty good from there. ride it for a bit, and check the plug. you may or may not have to adjust your needle. if need be, just move it to the 4rth position to richen it up.

hey how many jet size's did you move up with your intake? i've got a pipe now,intake, ported and polished head. what you thinking i should start off at?

wolffie
06-05-2006, 01:38 PM
^^^honestly im not sure. for MY elevation and temp, i have a 162.5mj and ended up returning everything else to stock. i only have the intake and pipe though. just guessing here, but you will probably need to start at 170 mj, 4rth slot on needle, and 50pj. pm me later.