PDA

View Full Version : stock exhaust help

tyler3400
05-30-2006, 03:21 PM
ok i have the stock exhaust on my 400 still not for long but... i noticed the end cap of the exhaust was shaking around pretty loose so i went to tighten the top bolt of it and it jsut snapped off with barely ne pressure so i sprayed some bolt breaker into the secon one and tried to ease on it and same thign happend..well now theres only one bolt holding it on and it comes loose continuously...i only have been finger tightening it in fear of another bolt breaking but this is getting kinda annoying to stop every 5 min or so and i cant get it very tight... is there anyhtign besides having the bolts tapped out that got broken off that i can do to keep it on?i would jsut junk it and buy a slip on but i still owe my dad a good amount of money so i cant be doing that right now.. thanks for any help

nastyn8
05-30-2006, 04:52 PM
just weld it on if you plan on gettin a pipe sometime

tyler3400
05-30-2006, 06:10 PM
if i took this to liek a auto body shop or this place we have called cole muffler that mainly jsut does muffler how much uthink it woudl cost for them to jsut do few welds?

Halter
05-30-2006, 07:03 PM
just break the 3rd and take the end cap off till u get your new pipe

tyler3400
05-30-2006, 07:11 PM
would this do any harm? so id jsut be running like a straight pipe pretty much? would takre baffling out also? any jetting goign to need to be done?

ride_red666
05-31-2006, 09:04 PM
u will loose power if you take the end cap off, it would probs be very cheap to weld.

shaggyfrog
06-01-2006, 08:41 AM
On my 05 the same thing happened to one of the same bolts...took it to Honda (or course still under warranty) and just told them i wanted it fixed. Instead they just got me a whole new stock exhaust so...try that if its still under warranty.

Honda#4
06-01-2006, 02:02 PM
all i did on my stock pipe was drill the three holes out and put bolts on but u have to hold the thead of the bolt with a magnet for it to work,so u turn the bolt backwards so the threads r facing u.

tyler3400
06-01-2006, 05:04 PM
well i was going to jsut take the pipe off and send it to work with my mother ot have it welded on for free but then i was kinda anxious to go riding with this one guy so i just said screw it and took last bolt out and took end cap and spark arrester off.. it doesnt seem to have taken away any power or gained ne jsut made it sound a litttle different. i am going to be running it like this for probably two weeks until i can work enough to get jsut a slip on this shouldnt hurt anyhitng should it?

Honda#4
06-01-2006, 05:29 PM
no, but it made my plug wet black.

hornetgod13
06-02-2006, 08:03 PM
You can get a used stock muffler on Ebay for less than $20.00.

boricua
06-02-2006, 08:27 PM
i know this sounds cheap, but you can use silicone to "glue" it on. silicone can take a lot of heat, over 200*. this is of course a temporary fix. you glue it up the day before going riding and let it set up over night. this show hold at least for the trip. and it will allow you to remove it, for whatever reason......
j-b weld....its a bit more permenant, but still removable.

tyler3400
06-02-2006, 08:33 PM
i was ogign to have the end cap jsut welded on but the toher day i got bored and jsut went out and took cap off and have been running it liek that wiht no ill effects so far. its a little bit louder but thats about ti this is only temporary until i have more moeny for a better quality pipe