PDA

View Full Version : physics question?

roundsy
05-30-2006, 03:12 PM
alright i am allowed to use my four wheeler to demonstrate physics as long as i can find a way to do that. My idea was to hit a jump and show the physics involved...any help would be appricated...i believe i need a momentum equation?

thanks

Scro
05-30-2006, 03:31 PM
An object in motion, stays in motion until acted upon by an outside force. When you jump, gravity (outside force) pulls you back down. If it weren't for gravity you would just fly into space:D

roundsy
05-30-2006, 03:35 PM
alright that sounds right so far...is their an actual equation i could apply though...like if the jump is this tall and long how fast do i need to go...along those lines?

trick250r
05-30-2006, 05:01 PM
look in your physics book, there's gotta be equations and stuff in there... god i cant wait untill i take physics :eek2:

juanki
05-30-2006, 06:02 PM
there is an equation for that, under that topic would be parabolic throw or parabolic movement. the variables involved are speed, aceleration, distance and time. you can doit in vertical movement and horizontal movement. you can say that you are at one continous speed and therefore the formula on x-axis (horizontal) simpifies, for the y-axis, acelaration is the gravity.
all this is on the assumption that nor the air other variables are acting.
there are a ton of examples for that subject, like trowin a baseball, or hiting a golfball, a rocket, etc.

PHYSICS IS FUN!!!!!!!!!

i went to ward melville h.s. in stony brook l.i. n.y. for my senior year, took physics and went to sixflags in n.j. for a physics day trip, all the rides free for us.

PHYSICS IS FUN!!!!!!!!!

roundsy
05-31-2006, 01:26 PM
hey thanks for all the help juanki!! i can do my project sweet!...next year for my physics class we get to go to an amusement park as well and ride the rollercoasters and then build mini models...it should be a good time...thanks again

parkers30
05-31-2006, 02:32 PM
you can set it up rather simply as launchin the quad at a specific angle, velocity etc like he said, I'm sure you have seen some sort of example similiar probably something like:

a baseball is thrown to another person 40 feet away, if the ball is thown at a 30 degree angle how much velocity must it leave the throwers hand with?

should easily change over too a quad and a jump

dober250R
05-31-2006, 03:25 PM
There is tons you could do with that in regards to physics...... Acceleration, velocity, angle of tragectory. Amount of gravity forcing the quad back to the earth.