PDA

View Full Version : motor threw all oil out threw hose! help!

One_Bad_400
05-30-2006, 02:19 PM
ok... i'll try to explain this best as possible.. there are 3 hoses that conect on the engine... one from the head, one from the case, and one goes to the air filter... ok so i put some new bars on my bike and take it out for a spin and i pull it back in and the motor threw all the oil in the motor out threw that hole going to the air filter and into my filter...

why would it do this? that is the matter?

i put more oil in it and started it up and watched it... and it never did it again?!?!

fatkid400
05-30-2006, 03:41 PM
Maybe there was a kink in a breather somwhere:huh Man thats weird!! Never of that ever happening befor.Lets just hope that never happens again,that could be real hard on things.

300EXrider356
05-30-2006, 03:46 PM
This happened to my buddy, he accidently overfilled his oil, so we drained it and added the right amount and it hasnt done it since, also how new is the quad?

One_Bad_400
05-30-2006, 03:48 PM
ya... real bad... like it ran it dry... its fine now.. i think there was a kink... just i took my plastic and stuff off and it did have a little kink in it? but i onow if that was it... and i just put a new hose on the one coming from the case becasue it got a hole burnt threw it from the exhaust... that might had been part of it...

One_Bad_400
05-30-2006, 03:50 PM
well i know it wasnt over filled... and if it was.. why would it spew out ALL of the oil... its an 06 but a brand new engine from Sparks... well i re-filled it and it hasnt done it sense?!?!

remmyTRX
06-01-2006, 06:36 AM
More than likely the oil was overfilled.

xsr_racing28c
06-01-2006, 08:55 AM
Hunter,

I witnessed the same problem on mine when running my first heat race, and all it was was a little kink in the breather line going up to the valve cover thus pushing all of the excess oil out of the breather filter by the air filter. Since i've fixed the kink it hasn't done it again, but man it was annoying when i came in from my heats and there was oil all over everything.. lol...

~Jason

06-01-2006, 10:08 AM
there is a hose running from the crank case, that people sometimes mistakenly connect to the carb. this hose should not be connected to anything. i have heard of people getting oil in the air box, because of connecting that hose to the carb.

it's tricky because, there is a "nipple" sticking off the carb, which the hose fitts perfectly. but, in actuality, nothing is supposed to go there.

hope that made sense.

One_Bad_400
06-01-2006, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by xsr_racing28c
Hunter,

I witnessed the same problem on mine when running my first heat race, and all it was was a little kink in the breather line going up to the valve cover thus pushing all of the excess oil out of the breather filter by the air filter. Since i've fixed the kink it hasn't done it again, but man it was annoying when i came in from my heats and there was oil all over everything.. lol...

~Jason

haha... oh ya! it made me kinda mad... i didnt even notice that it happened untill my breaks went out... so then i came back to my shop and the oil was alover my rear breaks...

fatkid400
06-01-2006, 01:34 PM
YOU LOST YOUR BRAKES TO????? damm dude you just had a bad day. I knew a guy who thought it would be a good idea to clean his rotors with wd-40,Man the look on his face at the 1st big hill climb he went down-- PRICELESS:devil: Prolly the same look on your face with oil on your brakes lucky you was'nt hurt.

rlplive
06-01-2006, 04:16 PM
I have an 05 and mine did this as well, although it was not to this extent. Mine was brand new though and the dealership had too much oil in it. I drained a little out and it was good to go.

Jstbnme
06-08-2006, 04:40 PM
I just had a total engine makeover (rebuild) and this happened to me. With my airbox lid off, it would not happen. Once the airbox lid was put back on, it created a vacuum effect that cause the oil to drain through the gearbox hose into the airbox.

Cause: Bad seal.

I'm not motor savvy, so I'll ask specifics and let you know.