PDA

View Full Version : ARS-FX Front end questions..

xsr_racing28c
05-30-2006, 01:56 PM
I should be recieving my ARS-FX arms in a couple days and will be trying them out with my Custom Axis dual adj shocks...

Just wondering how well these arms compare to walsh, gibson, roll design? Also to you who have ridden with these arms, how well do they hold up in tough conditions?? thanks, jason

h-bomb450R
05-30-2006, 04:06 PM
i cant even tell you how many trees, stumps, rocks, ANYTHING that ive hit with my ARS-FX a-arms...and they havent bent. I dont know how many races i have on them...id say...more than 30. and ive replaced the bushings in them one time just becuz i felt like it. They are incredible.

hoopd450
05-30-2006, 04:10 PM
yeah, they are probably the toughest you can buy. they're hard to beat. its money well spent.

QuadJunkies
05-31-2006, 02:14 AM
We have the full set up front /rear- including stem.. They are making some minor adjustments and redesigning a few things on the Rear end and we should be getting a replacement here any time now but other than that... So far so good!! They have been great to deal with :)

ex kid
05-31-2006, 09:08 AM
what are they redesigning. I thought the swingarms were working fine?

QuadJunkies
05-31-2006, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by ex kid

Ill post some pics when the new one comes and the issues they were having .

fmfhonda250r
06-01-2006, 11:17 AM
I have a 06 450r with ars fx front and rear end with axis and it works great. It works ten times better than my yfz with janssen/elka set up. I ride mx and the rear end soaks every you hit. The front end works great. The only complant i have it the front end likes to push alittle sometimes.

xsr_racing28c
06-01-2006, 11:36 AM
If the front end tends to push, that would most likely have something to do with your rear end setup.. At least that would make sense to me..

QuadJunkies
06-01-2006, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by fmfhonda250r
I have a 06 450r with ars fx front and rear end with axis and it works great. It works ten times better than my yfz with janssen/elka set up. I ride mx and the rear end soaks every you hit. The front end works great. The only complant i have it the front end likes to push alittle sometimes.

Maybe your front end just needs a little tweeking to take away some of the Push.
How long you had your set up?? Do you have the new Chain slide?Ours lasted about 15 ,minutes(the older version) ..LOL.. The new set ups I hear will be alot dif than what we have now on the rear end.My ole man is whos been talking to them getting it straighted out not me, so I dont know all the ins and outs as of right now the new set up is supposed illiminate some issues.

hoopd450
06-01-2006, 08:16 PM

they've had a few of the honda swingarms break. one of my friends is testing a prototype for them now. it basically a version of thier yfz style swingarm but its build for a honda.

QuadJunkies
06-02-2006, 12:01 AM
I forgot to mention,this is the MX one they are redesigning, I dont know anything about how the XC ones .

We should have ours in about a week or so they told us today:)

I know someone who had the new Suzuki /Ohlins set up ,but unfortunaly he was injured recently racing so he may not being doing much proto for it :(

If you ride hard, things are gonna break .. But its nice t osee a Company reccognize any issues and try to resolve the problem right away. ARS-FX makes some great products and were still very pleased .

fmfhonda250r
06-02-2006, 12:12 PM
Yeah they gave me 2 different sliders and the one lasted about 30 mins then i just chopped the stock one up and it seems to work the best. I got a first set of 06 Mx stuff for the honda. I only live about a hour away from there shop and i just drove up and picked it up from nate. I need to play around with my camber so it does not push. But overall i am very pleased with there service and there price on things it did take quite awhile for them to get there 06 mx stuff in but it was worth the wait. Skyler

fmfhonda250r
06-02-2006, 12:13 PM
Here is a pic of my quad, it's kinda small but oh well

QuadJunkies
06-02-2006, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by fmfhonda250r
Yeah they gave me 2 different sliders and the one lasted about 30 mins then i just chopped the stock one up and it seems to work the best. I got a first set of 06 Mx stuff for the honda. I only live about a hour away from there shop and i just drove up and picked it up from nate. I need to play around with my camber so it does not push. But overall i am very pleased with there service and there price on things it did take quite awhile for them to get there 06 mx stuff in but it was worth the wait. Skyler

Same here, but the Stock one is nowing messing things up and I think Im gonna have to get a new chain already:ermm: were off to the dunes soon and I dont want to chance a chain going bad ...speaking of... Nate and the Gang was here in Idaho for Memorial wk end with a Booth set up at Saint Anthonys,too bad the weather was crap,hope they got some good riding in!. Hopefully our wk end will be good weather ..!!

heres ours with it actually set up for our trip to the dunes..http://i.pbase.com/g4/26/660826/2/60939112.IMG_3679.jpg

http://i.pbase.com/g4/26/660826/2/60939113.IMG_3681.jpg

spanky101
06-02-2006, 02:26 PM
that quad is lookin very very nice.... how thick is that powder coat on those arms... looks super thick and rough finish... i like it

dj400ex
06-02-2006, 04:21 PM
i think the chain is suppose to be tighter than what it is...

QuadJunkies
06-02-2006, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by dj400ex
i think the chain is suppose to be tighter than what it is...

The chain Tensioner lost a roller so thats why there is extra slack on the chain.Should be fixed next week also.

QuadJunkies
06-02-2006, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by spanky101
that quad is lookin very very nice.... how thick is that powder coat on those arms... looks super thick and rough finish... i like it The only thing that is a little tough until the texture wears a little is the PC on the Stem.Since its texured it makes the Stem collar stiff.

quadwunner
06-03-2006, 05:22 AM
yeah the powder coat doest last as long as it would seem.

QuadJunkies
06-03-2006, 11:16 AM
Maybe that didnt come out right... LOL
What I meant was that having the Stem powdercoated make for really tough/stiff steering,thats my only complaint reallyis the sterring around the collar can be diffucult- not that the PC in general ISNT.

The PC is BAD @SS and so far is holding up well!!!