PDA

View Full Version : Camera guys..

Mxjunkie
05-30-2006, 10:45 AM
I was in my dads room getting the keys to the truck and I saw my step mom has a pretty bad *** 35mm camera, Now i know for pictures I would have to get them put on a cd to upload them and buy film, that doesnt bother me the least bit.

Should I ask her tonight if I could buy it off her or should I just wait off and get a digi this summer.

I'm clueless with 35mm cameras so if you guys want more pictures of it and details etc let me know.

DieselBoy
05-30-2006, 10:47 AM
I would get the digital, there's no future in film, just my opinion.

xsr_racing28c
05-30-2006, 10:48 AM
how much for the wig??:devil:

Mxjunkie
05-30-2006, 10:51 AM
lol they are hair extentions, shes a hair dresser :p

05-30-2006, 11:21 AM
How'd you take a picture of the camera if the camera is infront of yo....Confusing.

Mxjunkie
05-30-2006, 11:24 AM
Because I have a digital camera but I've ran it over countless times with my quad.

DieselBoy
05-30-2006, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by xsr_racing28c

LMFAO!!!!

QuadJunkies
05-31-2006, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by xsr_racing28c

HAHAHAHA!!!!!:p

Believe it or not, ALOT of good photographers still swear buy there 35mm Cameras, they do take beautiful pictures.... BUT... I personally if given the choice, I would chose an SLR(and I DID!..LOL!)... and if you do your homework,you can pick up good buys on Cameras nowadays with plenty of pixels and some that have good "instant on the fly" if you want it for action shots that you may lose with a point and shoot camera.

It all depends on what you want it for, how deeply you want to get into photography and what you want out of your Camera and also ...what you can afford..;) I wish I could afford some of the Cameras Ive seen!!! Some of them are worth more than my Quad!:scary:

CannondaleRider
05-31-2006, 09:16 AM
Definatly wait for the Digital.

We were using a 35mm Canon for quiet a while, it was a good camera, but it sucks to have to buy film for every race, run out anyways, have to take it in to develop it, pay to develop pictures that don't turn out....very anoying.

So, we got a Canon Powershot S3 IS, it's as close as we could get to an SLR level camera, and so far, it's been great. I haven't got the chance to use it at a race(Going to Washougal this weekend for WORCS Round 6, I'll see) but just being able to take a LARGE amount of pictures, and not have to worry about film issues, is very nice

I'd wait if I were you...

wvspeedfreak
05-31-2006, 10:10 AM
If you are wanting to post alot of pictures on the internet definately go with a digital.The only reason I am using my 35mm is because my old digital camera broke and I can't afford the one I want right now.
I think all in all there are more advantages to a digital for sure.

DieselBoy
05-31-2006, 12:12 PM
Kodak almost went out of business because of Digital camera's...lol

LTZ400rider
05-31-2006, 04:16 PM
kodak makes digital cameras, and the films u use to print digital camera pictures, not to mention they made the first digital camera. i highly doubt they were close to goin out of business.

that 35mm is pretty nice lookin, ask her if u can borrow it until u buy a digital. the best thing about digital u can review the pic to see if it turned out, especially with manual settings, so u dont waste a whole roll on one shot to get the perfect picture u can just look at it on the screen.

what are u lookin for in the future anyway?

DieselBoy
05-31-2006, 07:13 PM
from what i was told Kodak was VERY dependent on film cameras, film, and developing when the digital wave hit. So, kodak started making digital camera's to level it all out.

LTZ400rider
05-31-2006, 08:01 PM
kodak made the first digital camera so how would they level out something they started