PDA

View Full Version : She's race ready now!!!!

NDpredator
05-30-2006, 10:29 AM
Well I've finally got my parts on the quad, and I think it looks pretty good. Let me know what ya think!!!!!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid207/pca8edf57db78e5d21534d850aeb7cda9/eec24fe1.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid207/pc984683e511acf5a7f40ba05b588f227/eec24f06.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid207/p2c650584660ddab48e0e234210fac4a3/eec24e37.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid207/p11121815be45753786d7228372bf28b1/eec24cea.jpg http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid207/p41e393f2c19eb5c6b8e17f5548914d49/eec24c07.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid207/pee338a05c94449eae68e9be59c2f2117/eec24aea.jpg

djvolume
05-30-2006, 11:57 AM
looks good.
what mount did you use for the bars ?
those are the 14 degree ?
how does it feel compared to stock ?
key relocation ?

NDpredator
05-30-2006, 12:09 PM
For the bar mount I used a Moose adapter. I believe it was like $36 or so. I went with the FASST bars that were for the bike, not the atv. I can't recall which degree is for what, but I will never ride another quad w/o these bars. The bars are the best mod on the quad, and I like this setup ALOT more than an anti-vibe stem. It's amazing the difference that just these bars can make. I never relocated the key, it is still in the stock location.

//derrick//

djvolume
05-30-2006, 12:21 PM
Well... I think it's lookin' good.

So what's your opinion, so far ?
I am in the debate right now. 450r vs. LTR.
The only "shoot-outs" are corked up. They say not enough low-end -- have to keep the revs high...blah,blah.
I don't care about dyno this or "half a quad length-that"

I want to know -- when I am coming out of the corner in the bottom of 2nd -- its gonna lay the torque down and help me set up for the next obstacle -- period.

How does it compare to your pred. -- it looked pretty modded out.

NDpredator
05-30-2006, 12:32 PM
Not to long ago I was having the same 450 debate as you. The only performance mod I have on this is the cherrybomb. I have a buddy w/ a pretty well built honda 450R(port/polish,full exhaust, +2 long travel suspension, hi-comp piston) and we spend alot of time on the track together. I can run side by side with him to the 1st corner and I have just as much pull as he does out of every corner on the track. We have to work HARD to be able to get around one another on the track. We switched machines and he couldn't believe how well it pulled for a basically stock quad.

Over Memorial weekend i did alot of 300 ft drags in a pretty wet/tacky sand and was able to hold my own all day long. In 300 ft I was beating my predator that my buddy was riding, a couple of raptors, and a modded V-force. Granted in a long run they would probably all beat me, but the quickness of the suzuki is awesome!!!!!

I hope that I was able to help you out some, because I know the choices are hard. When i look at the money I have into this quad with the money my buddy has in his 450R, I can't be happier with my choice. I have no problems clearing jumps out of corners, and get happier everytime I ride this quad.

djvolume
05-30-2006, 01:14 PM
That's exactly the type of "review" I was looking for. From another experienced rider, same basic riding style, etc.

Thanks bro'.

I am sold.

Now tell me the place to get the best deal on the Flexx's -

yfz450admirer
05-30-2006, 01:56 PM
I have ridden NDPredator's Polaris and it rips. That Predator is the second fastest four stroke I have ridden besides a 730 Bombardier. If the LTR 450 can hang with that it must be extremely quick. That 450 looks good.

NDpredator
05-30-2006, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by djvolume
That's exactly the type of "review" I was looking for. From another experienced rider, same basic riding style, etc.

Thanks bro'.

I am sold.

Now tell me the place to get the best deal on the Flexx's -

Another thing about racing the LT that I was thinking about. When I ride my buddies 450R it feels like it pulls harder, but in reality it just has a sudden hard hit when you get on it, where the LT just has a very steady pull which is deceiving at times. The FLEXX bars make this thing so comfortable that I couldn't ask for anything to be different. I ordered my bars/adapter/grips from C&D here on the site. You get the discount and they always have great service. With the FLEXX bars being in such demand, just be aware that they sometimes take awhile to get.

yfz450admirer---Thanks man...so I haven't heard from you in awhile, how've you been?

Chad W
05-30-2006, 09:09 PM
Very good looking bike!

armysig
05-30-2006, 09:50 PM
I helped my buddy with his LTR last weekend.
I was able to ride it with it corked up. Good power for all stock.

Then we took the cork out, and added the cherry bomb. The only reaction I had was WTF!!! this thing is insane now. Unbeleivable response from the throttle. This thing is a power horse.

Next we put on the Two Brothers eghaust and pipe. Again, this is a beast from hell. Even more power than the stocker pipe.

Last night he also added the Yoshimira EFI wire harness and a K&N air filter with the air lid box off.

You guys want to talk power? it's here! I could hardly hang on to this bike.

With nothing done to the motor, this quad is with out a doubt the best for it's price. My buddy bought the quad for 7 grand and spent about $1,000 more just on the pipe, EFI system, Cherry bomb and the K&N air filter. For this little bit of money he's going to be in the top 3 every race if he doesn't crash or do something dumb.

Vindex Injuriae
05-30-2006, 10:33 PM
The banana bike! You go #1 Princess.... :devil:

No seriously, NDPred is right, I was riding the Preddy this weekend and he had no problems running with it at all. Basically it came down to who hooked up and got the best launch pretty much every time. We set up a small circle track in the wet sand and that LTR looked like it was bolted to earth.... Really wasn't fair for the rest of us.... :D

Colby@C&DRacing
05-31-2006, 08:39 AM
Looks good I really like the black rims :) Thanks for the order and being patient and helping us support atvriders