PDA

View Full Version : Anybody getting shocked?

thrasher_ex
05-30-2006, 10:01 AM
I was riding my R yesterday right after i took the belly skid off. I hadnt been on it for 2 mins. when my hand slipped of the grip and hit metal on the handlebars. The ****er shocked me! To make sure I touched it a couple more times and its really did. It was a constant flow...A few hours later I went to mess with it and I coudn't get it to shock me at all. The only thing I have done electronicaly on my quad is instal a proarmor teather by wiring into the key, and I cut the temp. light and neutral light off.

Has this happened to anybody before?
Whats the deal, any ideas?

red2004 TRX450R
05-30-2006, 10:40 AM
I hooked up my pro design kill switch backwards and it shocks me if i touch it.
the one end that has the metal peace on it is to be the ground and the other is to be the hot. if you hook the metal end to the hot and u touch it you will get shocked

cutierider1
05-30-2006, 10:49 AM
The same thing happened to me when I installed a pro design kill switch. But I found out I installed mine backwards in the pouring rain. The shock ran all the way up my arm and made it numb for a little while.

angry450r
05-30-2006, 11:45 AM
your arm was numb?? what a sally!LMAO! ya your switch is probably backward

450 Racer R
05-30-2006, 07:06 PM
lol that could get dangerous while coming up to the face of a jump and your hand gets shocked. but yeah, switch the wires on your kill switch

bwilson624
06-02-2006, 11:25 AM
I think I know your problem. When I got my pro armor kill switch, it says not to wire it to the key. Take your hood off and on the clutch side of the power module there is a black wire with a yellow stripe. Wire the long side of the switch to it and just ground the short one to the frame. This is how I did mine and no problems so far.