PDA

View Full Version : Banshee front ends!

Mxjunkie
05-30-2006, 07:21 AM
I obviously know the best front end out there on the market at the time is the Janseen outlaw LT front end with the elkas but thats 1860 dollars I dont have!

So I was thinking I allready have stock yfz shocks I could get them revalved etc from Derisi racing then what aarms would you guys reccomend?

I've seen everything from burgards to fullfights, full flights seem apealing to me because of the price (329.00) and they offer alot for that price.

I have a pretty basic XC set up at the moment and I am going to turn it towards mx so any help would be great :)

I can allways dream I have the Janseen front end lol :p

Mxjunkie
05-30-2006, 07:25 AM
heres what I am running now, when I built it I just put 4:1 offsets on it so I could get by. Now that I have a little money to play with time for another rebuild.

Stock aarms etc.

watts16
05-30-2006, 08:11 AM
Here are some ASR aarms for 319 on ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4644190282

CannondaleRider
05-30-2006, 09:10 AM
Get ahold of an old Sundahl Chassis:D

http://www.sandbros.com/gallery/KeithSundahl/15toparms.jpg
http://www.sandbros.com/gallery/KeithSundahl/09bottomtop.jpg
http://www.sandbros.com/gallery/KeithSundahl/16compressed.jpg

Just kidding of course....

Trevor
05-30-2006, 11:49 AM
What is that it looks home made

CannondaleRider
05-30-2006, 12:29 PM
That is a frame and front end designed by Dean Sundahl....they are VERY rare....a pro racing buddy of mine has one....i've yet to see it:ermm:

Very odd design, but it gives you a very good amount of travel. Apparently its extremely smooth.

I don't really know much about it, other then it is great...

TBD
05-30-2006, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie
I obviously know the best front end out there on the market at the time is the Janseen outlaw LT front end with the elkas but thats 1860 dollars I dont have!

So I was thinking I allready have stock yfz shocks I could get them revalved etc from Derisi racing then what aarms would you guys reccomend?

I've seen everything from burgards to fullfights, full flights seem apealing to me because of the price (329.00) and they offer alot for that price.

I have a pretty basic XC set up at the moment and I am going to turn it towards mx so any help would be great :)

I can allways dream I have the Janseen front end lol :p Why do you say the Jansen front end is the best? What do you base that on?

DJJ450r
05-30-2006, 01:47 PM
I saw one of those in DW, it had like 18 inches of travel:eek2:

TBD
05-30-2006, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by DJJ450r
I saw one of those in DW, it had like 18 inches of travel:eek2:
It has 16" of wheel travel and a lot of bumpsteer. I've seen it run in the desert and granted it's a cool idea but I noticed the rider was steering the quad the whole time.

CannondaleRider
05-30-2006, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by TBD
It has 16" of wheel travel and a lot of bumpsteer. I've seen it run in the desert and granted it's a cool idea but I noticed the rider was steering the quad the whole time.

Not saying your wrong, i've never seen one run.

But if you take into consideration the vast amount of adjustments that can be made/screwed up on that front end, it's very possible the one you saw was adjusted wrong...

I've seen new race bikes with the "latest and greatest" front ends out there, and they handled horribly because of bad adjustment.

Mxjunkie
05-30-2006, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by TBD
Why do you say the Jansen front end is the best? What do you base that on?

Vs every other front end, it has the most to offer for banshees IMO

06-02-2006, 07:59 PM
You must be forgetting Roll Design.. to me they are the 2 best banshee front-ends out there, but get out your $tack!

yellowzo3
06-03-2006, 08:12 AM
i have works shocks with a LSR +2+1 a-arms and im happy with them...i can still fit through most of the woods if the trails arent too too tight and in the fields it handles great...wasnt too expensive either. The only thing is, is that the top ball joints on the a-arms are almost out of room to adjust just to get my toe in at a decent setting...Hope that helps.

300ex_#387
06-04-2006, 10:00 AM
There is a set of +2 +1 a arms, and works shocks for a banshee right now on ebay going for around $400.