PDA

View Full Version : GNCC questions

underpowered
05-30-2006, 06:51 AM
i am thinking of running a GNCC race or two this years and had some questions for you guys on 400ex's that run them. i will probably enter either first year racers, or a c-class. this will be my first time doing an XC race.

Will a 400ex with a stock gas tank make a full race without a pit stop for fuel?

What are teh best ways to prepare?

ANything i need to do/check before i go?

You guys with HMF sport series, do they pass tech inspections? do i need to run my QC?

the two races i am thinking of running are teh Spartan and the Ironman, if that helps.

underpowered
05-31-2006, 06:45 AM
come on, i know there are a few of you guys that still race teh old 400's.

nathan00
05-31-2006, 11:32 AM
I ran a 426 at the penton this year...man was it rutted out......i think i get about 17-20mpg with mine...i depends on track...but your prob gonna have to fuel if its allot of wide open fields......i learn allot dont run skids online a ring chain gaurd...and rotor deflector....if you run a skid....run one that isnt flat all the way across the bottom......like mine was i got one that come up in the middle and only down for the sproket and rotor...tech...they dont care..didnt at ours....

PismoLocal
05-31-2006, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by nathan00
I ran a 426 at the penton this year...man was it rutted out......i think i get about 17-20mpg with mine...i depends on track...but your prob gonna have to fuel if its allot of wide open fields......i learn allot dont run skids online a ring chain gaurd...and rotor deflector....if you run a skid....run one that isnt flat all the way across the bottom......like mine was i got one that come up in the middle and only down for the sproket and rotor...tech...they dont care..didnt at ours....

Wow I cant even understand that, there are so many errors in your writing it boggles my mind.

smartypants
05-31-2006, 02:10 PM
If you go more than 3 laps you'll need to pit.

sideways400
05-31-2006, 06:55 PM
well lets see.as for fuel depends on fast u are.depends on how far u are behind the leader in the morning class.if u are running high up in your class i would pit cause u may run 4 laps maybe even 5.

i would run in a C class.because most of the beginners are good races from their local series trying for a easy win at a "national".
example:i lead 4 laps in Florida then got past on the 5th by an A class rider from a local series.

ive tried cheap deposable skids and nothing compared to a PRM.

depending on the condition go with 22" in the rear.

MUST HAVE a camel pack.

and dont try and win it on the 1st lap.

these are my own been their done that personal experiances and opinions!!!!!!!!!

underpowered
06-01-2006, 05:28 AM
thanks guys, exactly what i was looking for. as for a few of your suggestions i will look into them. I probabbly wont run 22" tires, never liked them and so far just trail riding never had any need to use them. i will try it on 20's and see what happens. as for a skid, i dont have one now adn will get one before racing starts though. i keep ripping skids off so i havent run one for the past year and it has worked well, just bent my first rotor last week, but a new skid will be one in time to race, i guess i will need to pit, i dont plan on winning anything with it being my first race, but i want to be as fast as possible out there.