PDA

View Full Version : Counter blancer

Eddiesanders250
05-29-2006, 11:21 PM
I have my counter balancer hlf way out but it wont come out any further. its free inside and it moves around, it looks like there is a bearing on the other side that wont allow it to come out?

and yea i looked in the manual it just says to pull it straight out.

georgedoggy
05-30-2006, 12:12 AM
from memory, there is a plate that bolts in behind the large bearing at the counter balancer gear. undo that first and it should pull out. check out the manual, im sure its a half moon shaped bracket.

pimpt250r
05-30-2006, 12:25 PM
did you turn the counter balancer to where the hole is at the 9:o'clock position

Eddiesanders250
05-30-2006, 05:33 PM
yea its at the 9 oclock position. its past the half moon part. what is the counter balancer connected to? it looks like its a big bearing

pimpt250r
05-30-2006, 10:58 PM
take off the stator cover remove the flywheel andand the wires are connected to the bearing is on the otherside of that reomove that piece to get to the bearing,,,
the counter balancer is the biggest problems the R's have

PYF
05-30-2006, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by pimpt250r
take off the stator cover remove the flywheel andand the wires are connected to the bearing is on the otherside of that reomove that piece to get to the bearing,,,
the counter balancer is the biggest problems the R's have

Yes that's it...Just open the flywheel cover, remove the flywheel and stator... There is a 3 bolt cover inside the case on the left...Remove the bolts, then tap in the center of the bearing with a 1/2 box, it will eventually comes out. I had trouble getting mine out and the 1/2 box is still stuck in the bearing lol :(

That was the second hardest part to remove from the engine (hardest to remove was the bent shifter shaft, tooks me 1 hours an a half :grr: :scary: :cuss: )