PDA

View Full Version : Picked up a new bike today

Rootar
05-29-2006, 11:05 PM
well we were in texas and i was talking to this guy in this sun&ski sports about bikes and this sales rep dude comes over adn was like i can hook yall up on a backtrail x3, we asked how much one would be since they were having a memorialday sale and he came back to us and was like we got a 2006 blue x3 for 200 me and my friend knew he had to have gotten mixed up adn priced an x1 and we asked he if was sure, and he went on to tell us when the bike arrived from haro the fork had a scratch (just a paint scratch not in the metal) and a slight blem in the paint on the fork on the inside near the top by the wheel (just a rough spot) well i couldnt let such a good deal pass so they assembled it and we filled out eh warrenty card and all that crap and took it to the front desk and it turned out we got it for 206 with tax casue he cut the price even more .

sorry i just had to share it almost feels like we ripped them off lol they sale the x3 backtrails for 320+ :huh and we got over a 100 bucks off just cause there was a painting mess up on the fork, the rest fo the bike was as usall awesome haro quality :macho besides if the fork is a blem ill pick me up a reall good one from dans comp

im taking it to teh trails behind my frineds house to try it out, already know its gonna be way better than my pos mongoose bike

anyone else get any killer deals over the weekend

Titanium
05-29-2006, 11:17 PM
we need pics.

trx400exxracer
05-29-2006, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Titanium
we need pics.
yep^^^^^

Mxjunkie
05-30-2006, 06:19 AM
Damn when I bought my x3 back in 04 or so it was 345 :eek2:

Rootar
05-30-2006, 08:07 AM
let me go take a some im at school now when i get out this afternoon my frined wants to hit up the skatepark and they got a cool box jump so i guess ill try it out there today

Rootar
05-30-2006, 08:21 AM
ite i got a few pics but my teacher came out yelling at me to come back in class but i did get a good pic of the fork but i didnt have time to get the bike out of my truck for a good pic and i couldnt let him see my camera so its the best i could do

here is the scratched up area on the fork can harldy tell but there are 3 scratches that are pretty noticible

Mxjunkie
05-30-2006, 08:25 AM
Thats the same exact color as mine :p

Rootar
05-30-2006, 08:26 AM
my teachers on the bow he snatched my camera now but i got the pics of the fork on here here is the blem in the paint i still cant believe they sold me this bike for $206

Rootar
05-30-2006, 08:29 AM
josh the mechanic just cringed when i told him it would be seeing the occasional pond jump :p he was like "i hope you like replacing crank and head set bearings" then he said if he had a pond jump he'd do the same, ill put a nice set of fully sealed bearings in both when they go out any recomendations? i honestly dont know a ton about bikes i just ride but i know the basic companies and all jsut dont have much experience with them all

Mxjunkie
05-30-2006, 08:33 AM
haha I wouldnt jump it into a pond. It will ruin every bearing on your bike in a heart beat.

Even sealed bearings get water in them, I jumped mine in my pool once and I ruined my stock crank

Rootar
05-30-2006, 08:36 AM
i guess that means i need to get a new axle and weld up the frame on my mongoose so i can keep it as my pond jump bike

1fst400
05-30-2006, 09:41 AM
I have a jump going into the pond at my house. Its big fun. shoots me about 5 ft over the water if I wimp out. But if I petal my arse off I can get much higher.

1fst400
05-30-2006, 09:42 AM
I think I get this months crapy picture award