PDA

View Full Version : need help with 86 r motor

custom R
05-29-2006, 10:24 PM
my motor locked up weekend can anyone tell me how to get the piston out because i cant get it to move at all and does anyone have a 265 pv or a 310 cyl and head for sale

lee37vernon
05-30-2006, 02:37 AM
wooden end of hammer, gently if possible . if you cant just push it out you may need to beat on it some . it needs to come out doesnt it !:devil:

custom R
05-30-2006, 05:48 PM
well I got the piston out but thats not problem when i got the jug off it broke a section of the sleve off and also part of the piston and the lower end is locked up so i took it to a guy a precision powersports to tear it down and go through the whole motor and rebuild it completely thanks for the help by the way any suggestions on why that might have happened ? this is my first 2 stroke I just bought the bike and rebuilt everything but motor i guess the motor should have been first but the rest of the bike looks better than most 250 Rs ive seen so when the motors done it should be better than new thanks again for the help

beak7707
05-31-2006, 03:58 PM
I would say you had a crack in your sleeve and it caught the bottom of the piston then it all got bad. Once you get it all rebuilt with a new cylinder or sleeve in that one and a piston kit you will be in business.