PDA

View Full Version : The search is over

more tea vicar
05-29-2006, 09:37 PM
Months of looking on thiefbay and such like turned up no leads on my search for a good condtion 250R (in my area), then i got a tip from a local rider that someone at his work place was selling one. it is was a 1988 with a CT350 kit, laeger +2", LSR axle and more. This bike has been babyed and was a steal at $2600.

I have a 06 YFZ450, but raced 250R,s years ago and the YFZ is good but it,s no 250R.

I have an injured back from a race acident on my YFZ so have not rode the beast yet, but its gona be good. Long live the R!

PYF
05-29-2006, 09:39 PM
Awesome deal !

AS you said, long live to the R :p

more tea vicar
05-29-2006, 09:41 PM
Another photo.

PYF
05-29-2006, 09:46 PM
Really clean bike, looks like you really got a killer deal :devil:

I'd like to see those big-bored 250r around here for so cheap :scary:

250r4life
05-30-2006, 02:59 AM
smokin deal man... man, here in arizona, even POS's are bringing $3k or more... a lot of these deals i hear about you guys getting, if they had them here, i would have several R's by now...

Bigun55
05-31-2006, 07:08 PM
that is NICE, One of these days im gonna have a R

fmfracing5
05-31-2006, 08:32 PM
250r's go for around 3grand for a pretty good mx setup, good condition couple of mods go for around 2000-2500 where i live but i still havnt sold the quad i have now so there for i get to sit on my *** and watch awsome deals go by,

QuadJunkies
06-01-2006, 12:03 AM
John!!!.... I didnt know you was a member here!!

:D

GREAT FIND!!!!

When you heading back home? Is your back doing better?We will have to get some seat time in when you get back.

firefighterjosh
06-01-2006, 12:44 AM
Looks BRAND NEW:eek2:

koh0001
06-01-2006, 05:08 AM
That R looks REAL clean!!! It's nice to see people getting those good deals on R's. Keep us updated on the mods.

more tea vicar
06-01-2006, 05:46 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
John!!!.... I didnt know you was a member here!!

:D

GREAT FIND!!!!

When you heading back home? Is your back doing better?We will have to get some seat time in when you get back.

Thanks you guys, yeh i have not been a member to long though. I feel like a forum tart now:D
We are heading back home next Tuesday for two weeks. My back is still sore, but is slowly getting better, fingers crossed it will be right for when i get back. I will drop you a PM when i get back and we can get out there, maybe Clay Peaks?
I wanted to post photos on the other forum but don,t now how?

I am going to post more photos of the R later on today, i have changed out the plastics, bars and stem and got rid of some of not so nice things on it.

IDEX
06-01-2006, 07:04 AM
So John do I get a finders fee? Hows the back doing?

tucker

more tea vicar
06-01-2006, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by IDEX
So John do I get a finders fee? Hows the back doing?

tucker

:D Back is getting better, but still a long way from being right, i am off the pain killers now (thats another story) so its going in the right direction. I am sure it will be ok for when i get back from blighty.

250Renvy
06-01-2006, 08:35 AM
That's an unbelievable deal. The motor alone must have been close to that. I know prices have dropped but you could easily get $3500 for that considering it's an 88 and has a 350

What's that frame I see in the background?

250R - for sale?

Lonestar_R
06-01-2006, 09:25 AM
Whats the other frame sitting beside the R.....I know I miss my 250R.....but it was nickle and diming me...and now my wife and stepson are riding it wasn't to trail friendly when I rode with them......good looking bike

QuadJunkies
06-01-2006, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by more tea vicar
Thanks you guys, yeh i have not been a member to long though. I feel like a forum tart now:D
We are heading back home next Tuesday for two weeks. My back is still sore, but is slowly getting better, fingers crossed it will be right for when i get back. I will drop you a PM when i get back and we can get out there, maybe Clay Peaks?
I wanted to post photos on the other forum but don,t now how?

I am going to post more photos of the R later on today, i have changed out the plastics, bars and stem and got rid of some of not so nice things on it.
John, I already got the pics posted for you at Erics Website, I hope that was theone you was referring to . If you need more,email them to tntkuna@msn.com and Ill explain how the picture posting works ;)

Your playing it smart with your back.. Take it slow so it heals right. Call us sometime!

We leave for the dunes in just two more weeks!(1st post in the Open Section)

TheFontMaster
06-01-2006, 12:56 PM
That is one hell of a deal you got there. That 250r looks imaculate. Good luck with your back problems, and it's good to see people stepping off the new 450's for a 250r for once.

more tea vicar
06-01-2006, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Lonestar_R
Whats the other frame sitting beside the R.....I know I miss my 250R.....but it was nickle and diming me...and now my wife and stepson are riding it wasn't to trail friendly when I rode with them......good looking bike

Well spoted, its a Lonestar no-link frame. I bought this frame C/W Swing arm and axis shock before i bought the 250R. I was going to build one from the ground up but then this bike came along. I will swap the frame in a few months but i am going to get some use out it as it is for now. The guy who i bought it off had it for 15 years and used it very lightly.

IDEX
06-01-2006, 02:33 PM
So I guess I don't get a finders fee, Just kiding. :D

I was amazed what great shape it was in, when I seen it in the back of his truck.

more tea vicar
06-01-2006, 04:14 PM
More photos. Changed plastics, bars steering stem, wheels and tires. Just a steering damper and grab bar and she,ll be ready to go.
White plastics are on ebay with about 19 hours to go if anyone is intrested. They are the dull maier ones.

more tea vicar
06-01-2006, 04:16 PM
Needs some of those reproduction 250R stickers as well for the sides.

250r4life
06-01-2006, 04:24 PM
well, the tires are nice, but i would have stayed with the plastics if i was you.. its your quad not mine though... i have an 89, so i kinda like the white, and i like the closest to stock look...

still a smoking deal on your quad- youre lucky

250Renvy
06-01-2006, 05:30 PM
what are your plans for those rear baja rims?

more tea vicar
06-01-2006, 06:11 PM
I am keeping the rims sorry.

IDEX
06-01-2006, 06:39 PM
I like the red I think it looks great and I cant wait to see you ride it at OMC or Clay, I almost wish I had bought it but I don't have the room or ride mine enough. I got a line on another if you know someone ho wants one.

QuadJunkies
06-02-2006, 12:12 AM
The red looks REALLY good !!:cool:

SO....................Ya gonna let me take her for a spin??? :D

I rode a 350R a long time ago and I thought it was gonna rip my freakin arms out of there sockets!:o :p

ITs too bad you couldnt make the duning trip this year, wouldbe a good time to just go ride at your own pace for your back.
Tell Laura Hello and get some pics of the wedding when you come back to the US for us to see :)

more tea vicar
06-02-2006, 04:32 AM
Thanks you guys.

I will be out on it as soon as i get back. We fly back on the 21st June so it will be the following weekend.
You are right i do need to get to the dunes, maybe later in the year.
Tucker sorry no finders fee but i will let you take it for a spin, if you like i can take your LTR for a couple of hot laps:D