PDA

View Full Version : help wiht an engine?

RMpower
05-29-2006, 06:35 PM
i ride an rm250, today when i was coming back from a trail, i relized that in 5th gear, when i was maybe 3/4 throttle it would either bog out or it make like the noise it makes during idleling(the only way i can explain it is the way it idles, kinda makes a popping noise coming from the exhaust), i think maybe my carb could be messed up or something, but i dont even know where to start. but all i can say is that it doesnt do it in the trails. only when im opened up on the road does it do this. if anyone has any idea or past experience wiht this, plz let me know, thanx

250r4life
06-02-2006, 01:02 PM
sounds like you need to get it jetted it bit more accurately boss

yellowzo3
06-03-2006, 08:14 AM
yeah your jetting sounds off and if you have a dirty air filter thats adding to the problem...has it done this before?

RMpower
06-03-2006, 12:07 PM
no. i cant ever recall it ever doig it b4. how much does it cost to be jetted? is it something that i can do myself?

yellowzo3
06-03-2006, 01:12 PM
yes you can do it yourself...first buy some jets..theyre pretty small and they screw into your carb...you need to take off your carb and unscrew the bottom part...then simply change out the old jet for the new...put it back together and start it up...make sure not to get any dirt in the carb..but first i would clean your air filter...if this never happened before then your air filter could be dirty causing it to run horrible.

forgot to say that jets are inexpensive..but buy more than one because unless your positive about the size you need youll need more than one...but like i said clean your air filter FIRST..that could definatly be the problem

RMpower
06-03-2006, 02:33 PM
alright thanx for the help, hopefully it works

yellowzo3
06-03-2006, 02:45 PM
also in the how-to section of the site (right under this section) is a detailed thread of how to jet your bike.