PDA

View Full Version : Helmet Cam advice

QuadJunkies
05-29-2006, 05:48 PM
well, I THINK I might try and swing one of these for our Annual duning trip this year and I am TOTALLY clueless about these things... I know NOTHNG about them or whats good and whats not .Can ya'll help me out?? :) I cant aford to spend a fortune, but dont want tootal junk either. I need answers to....

Is it Heavy?? Cause it wuill be packed for several hours in a large Hydration pack.

Do they use Mini DV or Disc. ect...???

How do they hook up to your computer??

I want to wear it and incoperate some of the dune jumping, bowls ect.into a vidoe or two

Is Best Buy a good place to buy one??

thank for the help guys/gals! :)

BlueZ440
05-29-2006, 06:06 PM
helmet camera is just a helmet camera..

You hoook it up to ur Dvvideocamera..The way u download it is with your Camera.

It just a lens/camera wiith a bunch of RCA cables that hook up to ur Camera.

THE MAIN THING IS TO HAVE A DIGITAL CAMERA. THAT IS WHAT MATTER THE MOST. THE BETTER THE VIDEO CAMERA THE BETTER THE QUALITY.

HOPEFULLY THAT MAKES SENCE:D

try jonescam.tv

or helmetcamera.com

QuadJunkies
05-29-2006, 07:43 PM
My Camcorder is a POS,my zoom is messed up but I could get by with it if I need to. Thanks Blue.

You used the same one for Glen Helen didnt you?
Ill check out the links you posted..

Whats the Ave. price for one ?

BlueZ440
05-29-2006, 08:30 PM
Yeah Jeremy used the same camera u have with it. The camera is just 2 big for MXing.. But for dunes will be OK.

they can go from 199 to 400..

For the dunes you can use a Backpack and put it in there...We used a fanny pack.

Granny has the helmetcamera and it works good. check them out on their web

honduh440
05-29-2006, 11:19 PM
the crappy thing about helmet cams is that their really is no top of the line cam. all the cams on ebay and at stores like best buy really are not that good at all. ive found that this cam is the best. it has its own normal digital video camera which has awsome video quality and its about as big as a guys wallet. and it hooks up to your computer threw a usb cable

http://www.samsung.com/products/camcorder/digitalmemory/index.asp

QuadJunkies
05-29-2006, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by honduh440
the crappy thing about helmet cams is that their really is no top of the line cam. all the cams on ebay and at stores like best buy really are not that good at all. ive found that this cam is the best. it has its own normal digital video camera which has awsome video quality and its about as big as a guys wallet. and it hooks up to your computer threw a usb cable

thanks for the link :)

trx400exxracer
05-30-2006, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by honduh440

I dont know the one Ricky Charmichael has is nice haha