PDA

View Full Version : What to get

bigH
05-29-2006, 05:43 PM
i need help with what to get. i love hondas and they are my favorite bike out there. i am having trouble on deciding what to get out of the 400ex and the ltz400. i need 2 no what is better out of accleration,top speed, handling, and trail riding. thanks for your help.

miller821
05-29-2006, 06:55 PM
The z400 is higher on the top speed... Their both pretty good quads, but I like the 400ex better, just because its great for trails, and has great acceleration... But both are good quads, the Z400 is a littl bit faster, and it is liquid cooled... Besides that theres not much dif. its just preference on how they both feel and how you like it.

buster024
05-30-2006, 07:20 PM
Depending on your experience level, once you get the 400ex, you'll want a 450. However, the 400ex is an awesome bike that gives you plenty of juice on the trails. You'll get whacked on the dunes unless you mod heavily though.

striker1001
05-31-2006, 02:55 AM
I concour buster(big word)hahaha. I was able to beat some 450's with my mods and there not exactly heavy mods.(I didnt wail on them though, it was neck and neck) all beacuse i know how to shift right on target..dependin on which hills I raced. NE ways, ive ridden my friends z400. Its a pretty good bike, not gona lie, but im just so used to my 400 now..i really wana stick w/ it. It all depends on which one u fell more comfortable with.

JR_rivard
05-31-2006, 08:45 AM
i have a 400ex, my best friend just got a z400. i have driven it several times, it's way different when you sit on it and drive it. it sits higher and has a little narrow wheel base, which i dont like. it's a little more torque, but not much. I have no problem keeping up with him. the z is a great quad, but i like the ex cause there's more used parts for sale, so there cheaper and easier to find. Plus you know the honda is good, its been around for years. im not exactly sure but i think the z400 has had a few frame problems, as well as other little things. i guess it depends on what your gonna use it for.

krt400ex
06-01-2006, 03:53 PM
The z400s that were made before '05 had some reliability problems. The water pumps leaked alot and the frames up by the front shock mounts are weak. It would be fine for trail riding, but if you get into any racing then you want to get the frame gusseted. The '05s and '06s have fully adjustable shocks and the water problem was fixed, but not the frame. I own a 400EX and love it. Mines totally stock and has plenty of power for trail riding. They have loads of torque off the bottom and the suspension soaks up anything you throw at it. They are super stable and slide really well. I love it. the z400 has a little more on top, but you will still be able to keep up on the EX. I can keep up with my uncles raptor 660r without a problem. And the 400EX is a Honda so you know that it's reliable. I say go with Honda all the way!!!!

buster024
06-01-2006, 04:00 PM
GET THE HONDA!!!

trx400EXtreme
06-02-2006, 01:29 PM
personally, id say go with the honda. but u have to remember u r in a 400ex forum so a lot of people will go with the honda.

CHEVYZ
06-02-2006, 02:02 PM
Personally, I like the way the EX feels over the Z, but other than that I would have to say the Z is a better quad. The EX is outdated, and needs to be revised into a better quad with newer technology. JMO, but if you are comfortable on the Z, I would go with it.

400exrider720
06-02-2006, 05:12 PM
go to the dealers and test them. personally though, I love my ex and have only had it 2 months.