PDA

View Full Version : Little start button

One_Bad_400
05-29-2006, 05:05 PM
can some one tell me in steps how to take out all that stuff where the start button is and just put one of them little off bottons like 2-wheelers have for my start button?

tell like which wires to cut and whitch to leave or what ever and what do i do with the lights switch wires?

tltcracing
05-29-2006, 06:43 PM
i dont remember what wires to sodder but if you follow the wires from the "black box" on the handel bars down under the hood you should find where it connects and just simply unplug it.

fatkid400
05-29-2006, 07:14 PM
There is a yellow wire with a green stipe and a black with white stripe inside the box on your bars that goes to the start button,Just cut those at the button and splice in your new button. Use a yz kill switch to save your self some trouble. As far as the other stuff in the box i.e. lights- run switch,It depends if you want to run lights or not? I just cut everything out of the harness or simply unplugged eveything else.Hope this helps.

One_Bad_400
05-29-2006, 09:02 PM
thanks fatty... haha... ya i'm not running lights... this is strictly a race bike... well thanks for the help... i'll go look at this thing right now

fatkid400
05-30-2006, 03:16 PM
No prob, The nice thing is if you screw up the fuse blows befor you fry anything important:D

One_Bad_400
05-30-2006, 03:21 PM
i tore everything out today and i pulled all the wires out... i only left the 2 wires that go up to the start button.. and then i just wired the 2 wires together that you need to wire together to start in gear...

all i did was take the stock little button out and screw it into my stock clutch perch were i took out the parking break sense i havent ordered another perch and my new starter button should be here friday...

oh.. and by the way... where is the fuze on these bikes?? lol... i've had the hole electrical system off when i powdercoated the frame and never found a fuze box?

fatkid400
05-30-2006, 03:27 PM
Its right be side the battery under a little cover may 1 to 1-1/2"square. If you can find the battery terminal/wires the fuse is right be side it. One is live the other is a spare.

fatkid400
05-30-2006, 03:31 PM
What you did with the start button sounds pretty good. Take some pics and post'em alot of people have been asking alot about the button trick. Maybe some pics would help. I would post some but dont know how really, And my wife complains when I ask her to show me.:mad:

One_Bad_400
05-30-2006, 03:54 PM
haha... alright... do you want me to take a pics of how i have it now... or after i get the new button... or both? lol

fatkid400
05-30-2006, 04:04 PM
maybe both I guess.I want to see how you have it now.I know what it looks like when its done.except i should have used a yz style kill switch instead of a cr style(lot less tape usage with the yz) but im sure others would also like to see it incase they dont want to buy a button they can just use the stock 1 with out the hole block.

One_Bad_400
05-30-2006, 04:13 PM
alright... i just took some pics of it like it is now... the pics are kinda blurry?!?! i onow why... i think my camera is a piece of crap... it sucks at close in stuff.... of well... i'll try and get these pics up tonight... if not... i'l have them by saturday when i get my new stitch installed...

ya i ordered the yz style... i didnt order the yamaha one.. i ordered moose one thats like the yz style

fatkid400
05-30-2006, 04:21 PM
Alright when ever you get em up. If ya dont mind me askin what did that switch set ya back?

One_Bad_400
05-30-2006, 04:27 PM
$14 bucks... yamaha was asking $16 and moose had another one for $11.. but i just went 3 more bucks for the one i wanted...

fatkid400
05-30-2006, 05:07 PM
Thats about what I figured it would cost.I should have got that 1:mad: Ive got more tape wrapped around my start button than the entire bikes had from factory.well atleast 3M is making money:D