PDA

View Full Version : 400ex leaking oil

250x_kyle
05-29-2006, 05:01 PM
ok i havent had my 400 a week yet and the sob is leaking oil...grrrrrrr. it didnt leak oil till this morning when i went down to start it up. there was a little spot i didnt think mutch of it. i just went down i was gunna push it out and wash it. now there is a new pool of oil below it. i checked all the bolts and there tight. the gasket seems to be sealed. i cant find any cracks in the case though. the oil bolt thing is in tight im about ready to just pull the motor and build a hybrid instead of waiting .

wakerider113
05-29-2006, 10:07 PM
i hear ya... leaks suck... i leaked oil only when it was running... i found out later that when the guy redid the top end he tore one of the gaskets when puttin it back together... fixed now though... start with the obvious stuff though... if the oil has been changed recently and you dont see anywhere that it would be coming from, it is very possible that there may be a puddle of oil built up on ur skid plates and is just dripping off... if not, good luck

250x_kyle
05-30-2006, 12:20 PM
i think im going to take my bike to Rich hetrick its just a topend gasket i found where the leake is..