PDA

View Full Version : Tomahawk MX quad track...my thoughts

DBF1972
05-29-2006, 03:50 PM
For all of you AMA District 7 quad mx riders & racers out there, especially those who live in Northern VA like me, or riders & racers that live near the Tomahawk MX track in Hedgesville, WV who use to ride there frequently, I have this to report about there new "quad track" that just opened.

I went there to ride today, hoping the track was worth riding on, but had my reserves. The track is not that good at all, that is putting it lightly. It is built on the left side as you enter the track, on the side of a hill. The track is very tight and small. Not cleared out around the track at all, lots of trees near the track, and plenty of rocks around. It is more like a GNCC course with some mx obstacles. I didn't even ride today, my wife and I left after walking the track. I have been riding at Breezewood for the past month or so. I love it there, but was really looking forward to Tomahawk getting there quad track done, so I would only have to drive 1-1/2 hours instead of almost 3 hours to Breezewood, PA. I have been loyal to Tomahawk MX in the past, and have ridden there many years. Chad is a great guy, but I am a little disapointed in his attempt to build us a track.

It would be nice for Chad to allow quads on the main track for maybe 1 weekend a month, or maybe Saturday's only like Rocket Raceway does. I sent him a long e-mail 3 months ago, and he didn't get back to me on these concerns I had. I didn't see him today while I was there. His truck was there, but I missed him.

I appreciate all who have taken the time to read this, and I will see you at Breezewood this coming weekend.

Dupontster
05-29-2006, 04:33 PM
Thanks for the info....There is a D7 race there on 7/8/06....We were thinking about going but I think we'll skip it now....

DBF1972
05-29-2006, 04:55 PM
I thought of not going as well, I hate to miss a D7 race, I'm not sure yet. Maybe we should go and express our concerns to Chad about the situation of riding there. It might just change things if enough of us kick in. Then again, he has ruled quads out on the main track. Probably because of enough bike mx guys complained about the quads "tearing" the track up. That's what I heard. Thanks for the reply.

Dupontster
05-29-2006, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by DBF1972
I thought of not going as well, I hate to miss a D7 race, I'm not sure yet. Maybe we should go and express our concerns to Chad about the situation of riding there. It might just change things if enough of us kick in. Then again, he has ruled quads out on the main track. Probably because of enough bike mx guys complained about the quads "tearing" the track up. That's what I heard. Thanks for the reply.

If that's the case (He doesn't need us) I damn sure don't need to go there...I'm not tearing my stuff up just because a promoter doesn't like quads...Trying to be like Beasley....Plenty other tracks to ride..Let's all of us stay away...