PDA

View Full Version : Cannondale's in the sand?!?!

Porkchop
08-09-2002, 11:48 PM
I was up at my local dealer today picking up some parts for my 300 and looked at some new Cannibal's. They arent to shabby!! I am just wondering if they'd be good enough for the dunes?? It'll either be a 400ex or a Cannondale for my next quad. The Cannondale just seems like the quad for me because I dont want to bore the motor out or anything and still would like to haul some a** So if I got a C-dale I'd just get the pipe, mapping, and some nice Elka's for it :D and call it good, but if I got a 400ex I'd prolly drop a 416 or 426 in there and do suspenion and the rest of it.... So to sum it up, all in all would i come out clean with a C-dale with those mods and not spend so much money then getting a 400 and modding the piss outta it?

airheadedduner
08-10-2002, 12:03 AM
The ol cannonball spanks every other thuper out there no contest. In sand it is really inportant to have a quick revving motor, and the cannondale is by far the quickest. A good rider can make the cannondale beat piped banshees.

Nausty
08-10-2002, 01:28 AM
personall preferance i'd take the 400ex because I know all about and the riding style that comes with the motor and taking advantage of its handling oh and don't forget the looks and mods:D But you would definitely have a good set up with the cannible.

01TRX300EX
08-10-2002, 07:54 AM
The C-dale is great for the dunes because of it's strong and quick revving motor, and you wouldn't have to do all the stuff you would have to do to a 400EX to make it competitive, and the handling is just as good as the 400EX. So buy a C-dale, its a better deal in the long run.

Juggalo
08-10-2002, 10:40 AM
ya know...cannondale is coming out with a new quad specifically made for sand. its got a map for the sand, bigger radiator, and paddle tires. i've also heard it might come with a bigger gas tank and extended a-arms/axle. it'll be called the glamis.

smitty
08-10-2002, 12:07 PM
Being that I own one and ride in the sand, I can tell you the big differances between the 400EX my old quad my speed the new quad.

Cannondale pulls me up the hills at Dumont dunes my 400EX didn't. My Cannondale beats my buds DS650 up Olds and COmp at Glamis where my 400EX was run away from.

Pictures of my Cannondale with polished frame are atCannondale Polished (http://www.hairschool.org/quad.htm)

My new tail light is at Tail Lights (http://www.jsmith.net/Tail%20Lights/Cannondale.htm)

Smitty

Sandgod4
08-10-2002, 05:52 PM
Get the Dale and be done with it....:D

Nausty
08-10-2002, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Juggalo
ya know...cannondale is coming out with a new quad specifically made for sand. its got a map for the sand, bigger radiator, and paddle tires. i've also heard it might come with a bigger gas tank and extended a-arms/axle. it'll be called the glamis.

where do you get this cannondale information?

Sandgod4
08-10-2002, 10:17 PM
Yes there is a quad called the Glamis coming in September. weak name by the way, it will have dune tires, a larger radiator, different mapping and some small items...

wyndzer
08-10-2002, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by Nausty

where do you get this cannondale information?

He11 Nausty, you know so much about Cannondales why don't you tell us?

Juggalo
08-10-2002, 10:51 PM
haha i have my ways

Nausty
08-11-2002, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by wyndzer

He11 Nausty, you know so much about Cannondales why don't you tell us?

umm ok, since when I say or act like I know everything about them? And what do you have against me? Not only that I like cannondales but if I had to choose i'd pick a 400ex.:p

Zero Z400
08-11-2002, 12:07 AM
Why would u choose a 400ex over a dale? IMO the EX has absolutely no advantages over a C-dale. But ur pretty attached to ur EX.

Later

Nausty
08-11-2002, 12:14 AM
well mainly because I have the ex now and know how it works and how to ride it, I don't like the looks of the cannondales although the mx440 looks sweet. That and the results i'm getting i'm sticking to what I know works.

airheadedduner
08-11-2002, 10:21 AM
Do you know how much the galamis is gonna cost???? My R my go up for sale if its a resnable price.

wyndzer
08-11-2002, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Nausty

umm ok, since when I say or act like I know everything about them? And what do you have against me? Not only that I like cannondales but if I had to choose i'd pick a 400ex.:p

I don't have any thing "against you" ! I just see you posting on every cannondale topic with some sort of hear say. But then again, I guess you just post on every topic?

Nausty
08-11-2002, 01:27 PM
example of just hear say?

Zero Z400
08-11-2002, 02:59 PM
On the mx track i can why u might like the 400ex but in sand? The 400ex doesn't have the power for sand. Almost all other sport quads thses r going to beat it down in the sand. Not saying anything bad about it its not a competitive quad in the dunes.

Later

twisted threads
08-11-2002, 05:20 PM
I got to agree that stock for stock the C-dale is probley the fastest quad in the dunes. But you can make a Ex fast enough to beat them I would know I have one. If I had my pick between a c-dale or a Ex I would take the c-dale. BUT it dont matter, the c-dale will never beable to beat my R in the dunes so I will stick with my HONDA'S!:cool:

It dont matter what you ride just RIDE!!;)

Nausty
08-11-2002, 06:26 PM
I don't think i'd ever pick a 400ex for sand and i'm a 4 stroke guy so then i'd pry pick a cannondale over yamaha.

Sick0
08-12-2002, 05:49 PM
I test rode a speed the othere day, and hated it. I didn't think it handle as good as the 400ex and wasn't as easy to ride. I think the speed is a very fast quad for a good rider, but its not as forgiving as the 400ex. Its easy to stall, has alot of mantance, and hard to fix and has no low end. I have nothing aginst the dale, I would probly buy one if they would have gave me enough for my 400ex. I probly could get use to the quad if I rode it enough. I agree with nasty when he say he will stay with what works. I know how to the 400, I know where the power band is, when to shift, Where all the ballance points are, Know what gear to hit jumps in, Know how to fix every thing and know I could probly fix at home with out a labtop computer. I'm not saying I wouldn't own one, That why I test rode one see if I want one. There no flame intened just my .02:devil

Sandgod4
08-12-2002, 05:59 PM
Was it a Speed you rode or speed you eat. :D

Guy400
08-12-2002, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Sick0
I test rode a speed the othere day, and hated it. I didn't think it handle as good as the 400ex and wasn't as easy to ride. I think the speed is a very fast quad for a good rider, but its not as forgiving as the 400ex. Its easy to stall, has alot of mantance, and hard to fix has no low end. I have nothing aginst the dale, I would probly buy one if they would have gave me enough for my 400ex. I probly get use to the quad if I rode it enough. I agree with nasty when I staying what works for now. I know how to the 400, I know where the power band is, when to shift, Where all the ballance points are, Know what gear to hit jumps in, Know how to fix every thing and know I could probly fix at home with out a labtop computer. I'm not saying I wouldn't own one, That why I test rode one see if I want on. There no flame intened just my .02:devil When you bought your 400EX did you know how to ride the 400EX, where the power band was, when to shift it, where the balance point was, what gear to hit jumps in, and how to service everything? Of course you didn't so why would you expect to feel instant gratification on a Speed? Anytime you're used to riding one quad and then you jump on another there's going to be a learning curve.

As far as fixing things with a laptop, when you're adding a new pipe or filter and removing the carb to rejet everytime I'll be changing my fuel data in a couple of minutes without ever getting dirty. I suppose you'd like every passenger car to go back to carbs as well.