PDA

View Full Version : Fixing cracks

dads400ex
08-09-2002, 10:54 PM
My youngest sons 250ex has a crack in the left front fender, actually were the fender and nose meet about in the middle and I was wondering how do you go about fixing something like that besides pop riveting a piece of metal to the backside of the crack.
Anybody have any sure fire fixes?

dads400ex

airheadedduner
08-09-2002, 11:15 PM
Drill a hole at the end of the crack to keep it from spreading. Then use zip ties of the same color and stich it together. Works well;)

250xman
08-09-2002, 11:59 PM
go to a body shop. they have a plastic welder there that they can use on it to put it back together. it will have a small scar but you can buff it out if you wanted to.

generalg
08-13-2002, 07:59 PM
dads400ex..... Uh Oh... looky who has a Z400! Any chance your headed down to LS soon, possibly for the Midwest Sandfest? We need to go riding sometime...

dads400ex
08-13-2002, 08:56 PM
generalg, yeah I gave the ex to my wife and moved the kids up in quad size and had to get the Z which I really like, we were at LS the end of July and saw the sign for sandfest but I can not remember the dates but we are planning on Labor day weekend if all goes well. Its hard for me to make weekend plans on riding with the boy's in football now and my job working so many Sat. But maybe we can hook up sometime.