PDA

View Full Version : loudest exhaust?

Hon450Rider
05-28-2006, 11:36 PM
out of your guy's opinion...what is the loundest/deepest exhaust for the 450R..... LRD, HMF, Curtis Sparks, FMF, DG...and others if you suggest that are even Louder

spanky101
05-28-2006, 11:40 PM
tc no questions asked... but thats too loud for me...

Hon450Rider
05-28-2006, 11:43 PM
how much, and where to get the TC at?

mole97
05-29-2006, 03:52 AM
:ermm: with all the noise issues goin on why would you want the loudest pipe you could find? I don't know about the area you live in,but take a look around the country and see how many riding areas are dealing with loud pipes and the noise. I'm not tryin to be a dick,but one local track by me is going through hell over noise and all the tracks are crackin down on loud pipes, so before you decide to spend all that money,if you plan on going to any local tracks (or traveling to others) dont get a pipe that wont pass any db limits? save your money now, there's plenty of quiter pipes that produce more power.

exrider44
05-29-2006, 08:31 AM
You know what makes me laugh is there are tons of Harley's and choppers riding all over the place with exhausts that are even louder, but nobody says a word about them. Its bs

trx400exxracer
05-29-2006, 08:38 AM
get a Dubach racing Development

mole97
05-29-2006, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by exrider44
You know what makes me laugh is there are tons of Harley's and choppers riding all over the place with exhausts that are even louder, but nobody says a word about them. Its bs I say that all the time..some of those suckers of are reall loud. but what are you gonna do? It dont bother me, and neither does a loud pipe on a quad or dirtbike but all you need is 1 jerkoff neighbor within it seems even a mile and you can have a major problem.

05-29-2006, 11:44 AM
4 stroke cobra is BY FAR THE LOUDEST! its also a very cheap pipe :blah: the excuse for the loud choppers is so that people know they are around so they think its safer for them.

05-29-2006, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by trx400exxracer
get a Dubach racing Development my pipe is DEFINATELY not the loudest. if anything its kinda quiet for a aftemarket pipe.

Troyer23J
05-29-2006, 12:21 PM
The main reason riding areas get shut down is due to noise complaints. You should be looking for the quietest aftermarket exhaust, not the loudest.

This post will end up a big argument with lots of people saying "I only ride private land, I will have it as loud as I want!!" and others, like myself, saying that we should try to be quiet. Bottom line is, riding areas do get shut down due to noise, so we should make an effort to not let that happen.

DanW
05-29-2006, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Troyer23J
The main reason riding areas get shut down is due to noise complaints. You should be looking for the quietest aftermarket exhaust, not the loudest.

This post will end up a big argument with lots of people saying "I only ride private land, I will have it as loud as I want!!" and others, like myself, saying that we should try to be quiet. Bottom line is, riding areas do get shut down due to noise, so we should make an effort to not let that happen.

If more people had this attitude, we wouldn't be losing so many riding areas.

It's plain and simple folks...

Noisy=no riding. Practice up on your video game skills.

Quiet=Able to ride.

rollie
05-29-2006, 04:18 PM
you clearly arent conserned about power gains, looks or what it sounds like, as long as its loud....so dont waste your money, take off your stock silencer i bet its a great idea, really though dont bother with loud pipes, just create problems get a quieter one, no matter what an aftermarket pipe will sound better and louder while YOUR on the bike

trx400exxracer
05-29-2006, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
my pipe is DEFINATELY not the loudest. if anything its kinda quiet for a aftemarket pipe.

yeah I know thats why I told him to get it he needs to get a quiet pipe and stop worying about giving us a bad rap for riding atv's

once folks hear one loud one they will think all of them are loud

KrazyKeith
06-01-2006, 05:11 AM
Rossier short can is the loudest Ive heard even louder than sparks. Maybe this guy has 500 acres to ride on and nobody can hear him. If he wants a loud pipe I say get a loud pipe!!

stoopsy
06-01-2006, 09:05 AM
i had a DG there cheap and have a deep crackle to them. they r LOUD. now i got a cobra and it not near as loud as the DG.
loud pipes r fun people can hear u coming and it makes them mad

One_Bad_400
06-01-2006, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by stoopsy
i had a DG there cheap and have a deep crackle to them. they r LOUD. now i got a cobra and it not near as loud as the DG.
loud pipes r fun people can hear u coming and it makes them mad .

and then they call the cops... the cops re-port it... thay blame it on a four-wheeler... and some idiot gets our sport shut down a little more... then a little more... then... we're screwed... get quieter pipes!

xsr_racing28c
06-01-2006, 11:38 AM
Just put a tip on your header pipe.. That should be loud enough i would assume...

cali450r
06-01-2006, 02:23 PM
Just let him buy a loud pipe if that is what he wants than that is what he should get.

exrider008
06-01-2006, 02:29 PM
duncan fat boy 4 The best sounding pipe i have ever heard it is the second loadest. but why do u want a load pipe that is how places get shut down and people had quads.

stoopsy
06-01-2006, 03:05 PM
thats y i wen to the cobra