PDA

View Full Version : A couple of 300ex questions

Warlord
05-28-2006, 11:26 PM
Hi there

I just picked up a 99 300ex and I need some help with a few things. First is the ignition. I have searched but I cant figure out what types of key ignitions i can use. The gyu before me had it so that you just plug these two wires together and it works. Can I rig up a key ignition from any keyed ignition or should I get a 300ex one? Number 2 is that it needs a new rear shock. I hear you can use a raptor shock, are there any others you can use? thirdly, the guy says it has 400ex shocks and I believe him cause it sits way high and looks like it would stress the ball joints. I'm not sure if the a-arms are stock or not cause the bottom shock mounts have a ton of room between the metal mounts and the eye of the shock if you know what I mean. If I keep tightening the bolt it will bend in the mounts rather than tighten on the shock. Anyways sorry for the huge post, I'd appreciate any help.:)

Sjorge450R
05-29-2006, 06:01 AM
first welcome to the site.

1) Get a real 300ex ignition, that way you know it will plug right in and you wont get mad that you bought another one and it didnt work.

2)Only a raptor 660 2001 shock will fit, WITHOUT modding the rest of the quad.

3) The stock 300ex shocks are very small. I belive the 400ex shocks are around 16" so that shoucl give you an idea.

Steve

Warlord
05-29-2006, 02:02 PM
Thanks Steve, I'll measure them.