PDA

View Full Version : Poision Oak

TCracin440ex
05-28-2006, 08:09 PM
anybody else hate this stuff...i swear i hate spring and summer when it starts to grow again....im highly allergic to it and i had a little patch on my arm now its spread all over me...i got it when i was at work...cutting wood and chipping up brush....tuesday if it aint no better when i go back to work imma tell my foreman that im going to go to the doctor and have this stuff looked at seems to me like its getting worse every day.....god i hate poision oak

1fst400
05-28-2006, 08:36 PM
I luck out with the whole alergic stuff. I can roll around in a bed of poison ivy/oak w/e all day long and not have a red spot on me.

tp300ex
05-28-2006, 08:46 PM
sounds crazy but ive hurd of VODIKA working good

TCracin440ex
05-28-2006, 09:10 PM
i saw taht on mythbusters and it was false it dont work

KWAD GAWD
05-28-2006, 09:37 PM
Go to the ER and get a shot. It will keep spreading everywhere until you do... and keep you up at night. A shot is the BEST option. It will start to dry out and eventually go away in a week or so with the shot.

You can get a prescription too, it takes longer to go away.

For now, Try scrubbing it with rubbing alcohol on a wash rag. Scrub it like crazy.
Or wiping bleach on it, with a rag (DON'T scrub it with bleach) unless you like pain - let the bleach sit on there for 10 minutes or so, then rinse it off.

It's not an allergy. It's poison oak, if you get the juice on your skin... you get it. Same with ivy.

sakirocket28
05-28-2006, 09:38 PM
yeah, poison ivy/oak suck really bad, i got into some when i was ridin like 3 days ago, and its everywhere now. i found this stuff called calomine lotion that helps alot with it FYI.

TCracin440ex
05-28-2006, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by KWAD GAWD
Go to the ER and get a shot. It will keep spreading everywhere until you do... and keep you up at night. A shot is the BEST option. It will start to dry out and eventually go away in a week or so with the shot.

You can get a prescription too, it takes longer to go away.

For now, Try scrubbing it with rubbing alcohol on a wash rag. Scrub it like crazy.
Or wiping bleach on it, with a rag (DON'T scrub it with bleach) unless you like pain - let the bleach sit on there for 10 minutes or so, then rinse it off.

It's not an allergy. It's poison oak, if you get the juice on your skin... you get it. Same with ivy.

im going to see if workmans comp will take care the doctors visit because after all it did happen at work....ive got these pills called poision ivy and poision oak that are "supposed" to clear it up and ive yet to see any results...actually its gotten worse...ive also scrubbed it with alcohol and bleach with no results.....

it is an allergy..certain people are alergic to the "juice" or whatever u wanna call it will break out in rash...others that are not alergic to it can waller in it all day long and never get a rash...its the same concept with a bee sting...some people can get stung by a bee and just swell up a little bit...but the ones that are alergic to bee stings and get stung can actually die from it

miller821
05-28-2006, 10:11 PM
I get it, but not like I used to... I don't even put stuff on it, cause it seems like after that stuff wears off is when its at its worst... I just take a shower and run hot water on it, and that takes away the itching... But get some doctor subscribed stuff and you'll be fine.

400exc
05-29-2006, 07:47 AM
Calamine Lotion just helps with the itching IMO, but yea, i just got over havin poison ivy for like 2 weeks. It spread like crazy, but luckily i got it under control.

GooseZ400
05-29-2006, 08:41 AM
it seems im allergic as well. it seems like when the wind blows and im anywhere near i get.
Iusedto work for a tree service and it seemed that every week i would get it. my eyes would swellup. workmans comp should cover your visit they covered mine. i would try to go back and get a shot though it will clear it up in about a week.
if you dont want to do that go to the store and get some SARNA lotion works really well for the itch. you have to ask the person behind the counter for it., used to be only able to get w/ a prescrption.
other than that spray some hair spray on it, it will cut off the air and it will dry out quicker.
dont take hot showers it will open up ur pores and it will keep spreading.
when you know u got in it go home and wash area in something that will cut grease real well(dawn, palmolive) iuse brake or carb cleaner

best of luck bud i know your pain im glad that i havent gotten it yet this year

miller821
05-29-2006, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by GooseZ400
it seems im allergic as well. it seems like when the wind blows and im anywhere near i get.
Iusedto work for a tree service and it seemed that every week i would get it. my eyes would swellup. workmans comp should cover your visit they covered mine. i would try to go back and get a shot though it will clear it up in about a week.
if you dont want to do that go to the store and get some SARNA lotion works really well for the itch. you have to ask the person behind the counter for it., used to be only able to get w/ a prescrption.
other than that spray some hair spray on it, it will cut off the air and it will dry out quicker.
dont take hot showers it will open up ur pores and it will keep spreading.
when you know u got in it go home and wash area in something that will cut grease real well(dawn, palmolive) iuse brake or carb cleaner

best of luck bud i know your pain im glad that i havent gotten it yet this year
I dunno if it really does open the pores when taking hot showers or not, but it sure does feel good... But they make a soap, thats made just for poison ivy/oak/sumac, and you just wash yourself in that after you think you have it, and it helps alot.. It won't clear it up fast, but it will help.