PDA

View Full Version : tie rods,Bump stops.

4ABURN
05-28-2006, 08:02 PM
I ride 85% tight woods and bent a tie rod today on a tree. The bump stops do not let the quad turn very tight, for this. Any suggestions????.:o The bent tie rod I bent back, but I,m sure its not as strong know. should I get aftermarket or the stocker. I hit the tree good I,m not mad I bent it. Something had to give.:D Anyway good day of riding thanks for your ideas.:D

Punk'd
05-28-2006, 10:22 PM
Iv heard of taking a strong halo pipe and putting it right over to reinforce. I will be doing this...

JW450R1
05-29-2006, 04:16 AM
go after market they are heavier.

gbcap
05-29-2006, 04:55 AM
you don't want to make tie rods tooo strong because if they don't break/bend, something more expensive will. i would rather break a 25 dollar part then a control arm or spindle or shock.

4ABURN
05-29-2006, 06:24 AM
Originally posted by gbcap
you don't want to make tie rods tooo strong because if they don't break/bend, something more expensive will. i would rather break a 25 dollar part then a control arm or spindle or shock.
Thats what I was thinking. Have any of you cut your bump stops back a little so that it turns sharper.I have seen the aftermarket ones that have ajustable stops.(stearing stems) But there expensive(wife still on materity leave)HA.:D

eastside 400
05-29-2006, 11:02 AM
u could shave ur stops down, just make sure you dont go to far and have the wheels hit the arms or anything like that ,do a little at a time and check