PDA

View Full Version : ProArmor nerfs not fitting right

HRC_rider
05-28-2006, 07:54 PM
I just put on some PA Fat Peg nerfs last night. They seemed to go on easy as everyone says they do and they looked pretty good. Today I put the plastics back on to get a feel for the new look and I noticed that they aren't symmetrical. The heelguards don't line up with the rear fenders in even nearly the same spot. There is probably at least an inch of difference from side to side. At first I though the subframe was twisted but it measured up even so I checked the nerfs. Everything measures up the same from the front mount to the pegs but the kick up sections are quite different. The bend in the tubes isn't the same angle. In the pic you can see the different angles of the heel plates (you can see the top of the left one and the bottom of the right) and the difference in the height of the end of the tubes nearest to the tip of the fenders.

Can anyone verify that this is the way they fit or do I have a problem set? I expected better.

HRC_rider
05-28-2006, 07:55 PM
from the front

HRC_rider
05-28-2006, 07:56 PM
other side

400exMO
05-28-2006, 10:52 PM
That's not right. Call em' up.

eganracing
05-29-2006, 12:05 AM
yeah looks like they sent u some messed up nerfs.

HRC_rider
05-29-2006, 06:07 AM
Thanks for the reassurance that these aren't right. They're just too far off from side to side for me to be OK with them. I'm going to pull them off tonight so I can put them together and get another look. Since it's a holiday in the US today it will be tomorrow before I can get anyone at ProArmor.

kevkel
05-29-2006, 08:56 AM
Hey, check the brackets that bolt to the frame. My buddy has those nerfs and he bolted the brackets upside down. I think he had similar effects. I would check there first.

HRC_rider
05-29-2006, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by kevkel
Hey, check the brackets that bolt to the frame. My buddy has those nerfs and he bolted the brackets upside down. I think he had similar effects. I would check there first.

I thought about that and it's worth another check. Right now I have the triangle facing upwards with the flat on the bottom. This makes the pegs the same height as the stockers (or close). If I turn the mounts the other way around the pegs sit lower and the rear of the nerfs hang below the frame so I don't think that's right. Regardless, I would expect them to be symmetric with the pegs either up or down.

05-29-2006, 09:16 AM
do you have the tubes on the correct side?

HRC_rider
05-29-2006, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by speedyquad
do you have the tubes on the correct side?

I think so although the instructions were real vague. The mounting hole closest to the frame doesn't sit vertical if you mount them on the wrong sides and won't line up with the nerfs so I'm pretty sure they're on there right.

They're both on each side in exactly the same way and based on measurement of the nerfs alone I can tell that they aren't the same from left to right.

Anyone got pics of their PA Fat Pegs from the rear straight on?

05-29-2006, 11:55 AM
here are mine from the back...

HRC_rider
05-29-2006, 12:09 PM
Thanks speedyquad, that's what I needed to see. It certainly looks better than my current setup.

I waited about 6 weeks for these because they were out of stock and now I get them and there's a quality problem with them. I hope this is an isolated case and the whole run isn't like this. Anyone else just pick up a set of these in the last week or so?

HRC_rider
05-29-2006, 05:35 PM
I pulled them off tonight and lined them up for a few pics. They show how really different they are. They don't even sit on the floor the same. One peg tube touches the floor and the heelguard on the other.

HRC_rider
05-29-2006, 05:37 PM
blocked up evenly on both ends for comparison....

HRC_rider
05-29-2006, 05:40 PM
front shot, blocked up evenly on the floor

tltcracing
05-29-2006, 06:41 PM
thats the way mine where when i got them but i never had any problem running them. i have run them a wile and other than being just visualy off on the back i never minded it. i was also just lazy and didnt want the hassle of sending a set back. i think that one of the bending machines must have a bug in it. oh and mine where bent the same way your's where, as far as one side lower than the other.

HRC_rider
05-29-2006, 06:55 PM
I hear you on the hassle of returning them. I'm in Ontario so it's even more of a pain in ***** and somewhat expensive due to their size and weight. I'm hoping PA picks up the whole bill and delivers a new set to my door promptly as any company with good customer service would. I bought this product thinking it would be superior to the many other nerfs available and if it isn't then I'll return them and find something I'm happy with. This seems to be an ongoing problem with armor in general. I originally bought DG Fat skids all around and ended up returning everything because it just didn't fit. Tube clamps weren't even the right size, etc., etc. Anyways, replaced it with PA with only minor massaging and was generally pretty happy until now.....

Don't these companies have engineering and quality control departments to make sure things fit the way they should???

djvolume
05-30-2006, 09:24 AM
At first, because you had the axle off and it up on blocks, I thought it may just be the extra weight from the pipe pulling that side down a bit more --- BUT -- after seeing those pics -- I agree --that doesn't look right. PLEASE -- Send that pic to Pro-Armor.
And make sure you get the correct ones. Do You have the 05 or 06 ? The 06 nerfs are a little longer from the peg back (they had more room to play with, with the extended arm) The old nerfs will work with the 06 -- BUT I don't think the 06 nerfs will work with the 04/05.
But do send that pic in. It's up to us to keep these companies in check.

HRC_rider
05-30-2006, 10:50 AM
The pipe isn't even on (you can see the heatshield on the underside of the plastic)

I'm trying to get in touch with PA right now. I'll let you guys know what they say.

djvolume
05-30-2006, 11:43 AM
Didn't even pay attention that the pipe wasn't there -- duh.
Was just the first thing that came to mind. But, like I said - after seeing those pics -- those things are off pretty bad -- twisted.
I have always had a great exp.with the PA stuff. Thats some STRONG s***, too.

Good luck to you Bro'

HRC_rider
05-30-2006, 05:51 PM
Thanks for the good luck. I talked to PA today and after looking at the pics they agreed something wasn't right. They're going back at their expense and shipping out a new set:D These things happen whether it was manufacturing or shipping and with great customer service to deal with the problems I really can't complain. Looking forward to getting that next set. Thumbs up for ProArmor.

QuadJunkies
05-31-2006, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by HRC_rider
Thanks for the good luck. I talked to PA today and after looking at the pics they agreed something wasn't right. They're going back at their expense and shipping out a new set:D These things happen whether it was manufacturing or shipping and with great customer service to deal with the problems I really can't complain. Looking forward to getting that next set. Thumbs up for ProArmor.

Pro Armor is the Best in Customer Service !
Ive had VERY good results with them in the past:)

Glad they got you taken care of ;)