PDA

View Full Version : suzuki help (please)

mastinson
05-28-2006, 06:50 PM
I have a 2005 suzuki ozark and I am getting alot of valve chatter at high rpm and when I am accelerating up hill. I had the valves adjusted but it still does it, anyone have any suggestions?

Also ozarks have a carb drain screw and a hose that runs behind the motor to drain the carb and for some reason it leaks gas out that tube all the time. I have tightened the drain screw as tight as possible but it still drips out that hose when the atv is running. Any help on this would also be appreciated.

GooseZ400
05-29-2006, 09:15 AM
motor is an older design w/ pushrods. very similar as my 450 foreman. when valves were adjusted it ticked at the top end of the rpms. get them re checked if your are not happy.

As far as the fuel it kinda sounds like you float is stuck. happened to me. tap on the side of the carb w/ a screwdriver and see if that stops it. that what fixed mine. If not then you probably got some crud in threr that needs cleaned.

mastinson
05-30-2006, 07:41 PM
Thanks for all the help, I am needing a bigger atv anyway and I am tired of the problematic ozark so I am trading it tommarow for a 06 Honda Rancher. They are giving me $2500.00 trade in which I think is great.