PDA

View Full Version : WHAT!? Polaris Trailblazer won ?

400 SS EX
05-28-2006, 04:58 PM
Last night at Sikeston Race Park in Missouri ( if anyone one was there they'll know) A kid with a Polaris Trailblazer was racing in the beginner class and like one other amateur class and was whooping @$$, I dunno how or what was done to that or why he did it to Trailblazer, but it worked. ( this is flat track by the way ) Stock suspension on some hoosier back tires. He beat a piped and lowered 450r, pretty tricked out banshee, and a predator. Now I feel that flat track involves alot of rider experience, but I just don't see how he could be ' that good' or the other guys that bad, so if anybody knows this kid please tell me what is done to tht thing. I was scratching my head all night trying to figure out how a automatic utility was beating these Hi-Perf bikes ( except the predator, haha ) And trust me I'm not making this up, I know it sounds EXTREMELY hard to believe, it was evening harder watching it and figuring it out! I guess he can move out of the beginner class. He walked away with 3 1st place trophies from all the classes he entered.

montycarlo
05-29-2006, 11:13 AM
I wasn't there and don't know the kid..... but I'm here to say that a 400 Trailblazer can be made to be one hot 2-smoker, but nobody does! They're kinda high up though and I guess I couldn't see them being ideal for flat track - but it worked for that guy!

450RGNCC
05-30-2006, 12:23 PM
I dont know the kid either, but I agree with montycarlo. My uncle used to have a 400 sport with a pipe, carb, and a pretty heavily modified clutch, and that thing PULLED. It would pull away from a 250r with a pretty good amount of motor work done to it until the 250r got to 5th gear.

montycarlo
05-30-2006, 07:00 PM
My wife has a 250 Trailblazer.... and from what I've read they are simply very detuned to make them rideable for the average person. Lil' port job, big carb, some clutchin & a fat pipe and they will be beadlock-worthy.

If I had spare money floating around I do it! :devil: