PDA

View Full Version : 250R clutch lever/crankcase PROBLEM

Ryanmelton69
05-28-2006, 11:21 AM
I have an 86 R and am having some problems wiothin the crankcase. I had applied the cluth lever and heard a "clink" sound and the lever didnt have anymore resistance. I looked at the side of the crankcase and the clutch lever didnt have any resistance there either. I am now able to actually pull the lever out of the crankcase. Does anybody have any idea what may have broken or slipped off? Thank you for any help.

Ryanmelton69
05-31-2006, 12:17 AM
never mind, I figured it out. The clutch lifter lever wasnt touching that perpendicular rod (the one that goes to the clutch and disengages it) due to a large nut that had rattled loose on the clutch assembly.

C-LEIGH RACING
06-02-2006, 12:20 AM
That nut is suppost to have a thin flat washer under it that you can bend up aginst the nut to hold it in place.
Sometimes over time it will get damaged & then get left out, but it needs to be there.
Neil

Ryanmelton69
06-04-2006, 09:00 AM
Alright, how is it supposed to be shaped? I noticed that it looked like it had been bent. I will have to check that out. Thanks for your help!

C-LEIGH RACING
06-04-2006, 10:48 AM
It will look like a washer with two little fingers sticking down around the outside edge.
Those two little finger things fit over a casting web on the inner basket to hold the washer in place while your locking the nut down.
Neil