PDA

View Full Version : Hawian Language

Scott-300ex
05-28-2006, 12:43 AM
Any Hawians here?

Cuz I was watching this movie, Johnny Tsunami and the dude was Hawian, and they say stuff like

Brah-Bro
Mahalla-Thank you

I was wondering if there were any other Hawian phrases or anything.

I know the hang loose hand gesture. Thumb and pinky, cuz I do that all the time. Got it from the Huevos's. They did that on the movie and I was like "Yes!!!!!!!" LoL

400exrules
05-28-2006, 12:46 AM
sooo wait..........you want to be a hawaiin poser......?:huh

procircuit406ex
05-28-2006, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by 400exrules
sooo wait..........you want to be a hawaiin poser......?:huh

lmao thats what it sounds like:ermm:

05-28-2006, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by procircuit406ex
lmao thats what it sounds like:ermm:
yeah sounds to be it... AND

thats on the disney channel

haha, you watch the disney channel :blah:

popo
05-28-2006, 06:26 AM
Weed= Maui Wooweee

Bill Fuller
05-28-2006, 08:06 AM
Bra is pigion(sp)it is short for bro or brother.
Mahalla I believe is thanks.I used to live there about 20 yrs ago.It's difficult when you first go to learn all the slang but it's the common language of the locals.I forget most of it most common greeting is"Howzit bra"=how is it going brother.

miller821
05-28-2006, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by popo
Weed= Maui Wooweee
Hmm... Now the cops won't know what i'm saying:p

But I watch disney channel and nickelodeon every now and then... I mean come on, that show with Jamie Lynn Spears, come on how can you not watch that show, shes so hot:eek: :p

Titanium
05-28-2006, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Crath

05-28-2006, 05:12 PM
mahalo is thank you and obviously aloha is hello and goodbye...i go to hawaii every year

Hon300ex
05-28-2006, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by Crath

now, how would you know thats on the disney channel? your excuse will probably be that its your younger sibling watchin it :rolleyes:

why does everyone always have to give this kid a hard time? you guys pick on anyone these days....

tar
05-28-2006, 07:13 PM
holy **** your 19 and you watch that

2004exrider
05-28-2006, 07:19 PM
God damn, he makes a post if anyone knows any other hawaiin slang and you all have to bash him? WTF he never said that he wants to know it so he can say it on a daily basis, maybe he just wants to know some. That'd be like someone making fun of you for taking spanish when you were in highschool. Who cares if he watches it, he can do what he wants it doesnt affect you any.

Jimmy

400exrules
05-28-2006, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by 2004exrider
God damn, he makes a post if anyone knows any other hawaiin slang and you all have to bash him? WTF he never said that he wants to know it so he can say it on a daily basis, maybe he just wants to know some. That'd be like someone making fun of you for taking spanish when you were in highschool. Who cares if he watches it, he can do what he wants it doesnt affect you any.

Jimmy

ahhh boohoo, sorry but thats the internet for ya, its a dangerous place!!!!!!:eek2: :eek2:

:rolleyes:

procircuit406ex
05-28-2006, 09:19 PM
I mean come on, that show with Jamie Lynn Spears, come on how can you not watch that show, shes so hot:eek: :p [/B][/QUOTE]

THANK YOU someone understands:p

05-29-2006, 03:00 AM
I fully agree, Jamie Lynn Spears is hott. Think about Disney channel, they have some good ones too.

List is to long to type. :devil:

To the topic now

COW-WA-BUNGA (don't know how to spell, so good enough) means "WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

miller821
05-29-2006, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by procircuit406ex
I mean come on, that show with Jamie Lynn Spears, come on how can you not watch that show, shes so hot:eek: :p

THANK YOU someone understands:p [/B][/QUOTE]
Heck ya... But I watch a ton of movies on Disney Channel... Such as- Motocrossed, Brink, and a ton of other good ones...

05-29-2006, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Hon300ex
now, how would you know thats on the disney channel? your excuse will probably be that its your younger sibling watchin it :rolleyes:

why does everyone always have to give this kid a hard time? you guys pick on anyone these days.... i can see a 14, 15, maby 16 year old watching it, but 19 :P

i can see somebody stumbling on it and watching it though, thats easy to understand.

But writing it on your calendar and canceling your date to watch it... woah :p

Scott-300ex
05-30-2006, 04:55 PM
Yeh I wonder how he knew it was on Disney. Haha. Nice one Hon300ex.

Thank you for all the non-flamers:D

I never said I cancelled plans or but it in my calender to watch it.

And yes I DO want to be a Hawian Poser!!!!!!!!!!:D

:huh

05-30-2006, 05:05 PM
As said by a HAWAIIAN turtle from Disney, I think this ties in well.

RIGHTEOUS........RIGHTEOUS.....

miller821
05-30-2006, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by MrMan
As said by a HAWAIIAN turtle from Disney, I think this ties in well.

RIGHTEOUS........RIGHTEOUS.....
HAHA... Finding Nemo, good movie.

ShiftFMX
05-31-2006, 09:14 AM
I dont know how similar it is to the Barbados Language, but there was a guy who stayed at the marriott I work at and he told me that its basic english but its chopped up, and they shorten alot of words...i dont know if they do that in hawaii too :confused:

hawaiiansupaman
05-31-2006, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by ShiftFMX
I dont know how similar it is to the Barbados Language, but there was a guy who stayed at the marriott I work at and he told me that its basic english but its chopped up, and they shorten alot of words...i dont know if they do that in hawaii too :confused:

this is how we speak ^^^^ we shorten words and yes it is english but mainland people still cant understand us :confused: and its "HAWAIIAN" not hawain