PDA

View Full Version : pro- trax front end

blasterkid
05-27-2006, 11:44 PM
So im lookin into front ends and i have always been fasinated by the laegers pro trax front end (t-pin) what ever you wana call it but i heard that the maintenice on them are pretty extensve. i also heard they get very sloppy quick any one have a pro trax front end on a yfz450 what do you guys think about it any input would be appriciated thanks

jeremy_283
05-28-2006, 01:38 PM
i dont have a yfz nor pro trax....... but my friend has one on his yfz and then another friend has it on his 450r........ they seem very nice and appear to have no restrictions at all during the compression of the shocks........ it seems very nice..... and a well thought out product....... but i dont know about maintainence .... but i think they have grease zerk fittings

CannondaleRider
05-28-2006, 03:14 PM
I've never rode a T-Pin front end hard enough to give a first hand experiance of how they feel.....And my sister isn't good at describing products...she just rides(Joe Rareys Laegers CRF)

But, from what i've seen of the bike work, and from what I HAVE heard, its a completely AWSOME front end.

Also, not sure about maintainance....

400exMO
05-28-2006, 10:23 PM
On the maintenance I remember a guy awhile back who had that front end having problems replacing things. Like the extra parts being to expensive. But if money was no issue that'd be my front end in a heart beat.

blasterkid
05-31-2006, 09:40 PM
bump any more info guys

hontrx265r
06-04-2006, 07:44 AM
I bought a clapped out t-pin (basically ripped off on ebay) Well after getting it I decided I was going to rebuild it, so I called laeger they wanted 500.00 per spindal to rebuild them. (there are alot of parts, but this is ridiculous). I would up looking up indiviudal bearing numbers on google. Found a distributor that happend to be a mile from my house , go figure? I ordered all the parts through them and rebuilt every bearing and bushing inside them. It's perfect now. From what I hear when they are new they can last up to ten years if taken care of. I even upgraded my tierod ends with greasable ones. There are now 22 grease points on just the frontend. I've been very happy with the performance, much better then my old LT frontend, I'm not going to bash the manufacturer though because they sell quality stuff. All I can really say is smooth as silk.

blasterkid
06-05-2006, 06:32 PM
thanks a lot what bike is it on btw. any one got any pics of the laeger on a yfz

gimp419
06-06-2006, 09:53 AM
The YFZ pro-trax is nice and the T-pin is the best handling front end ever made... but on the YFZ the shock mounts aren't in the right spot IMO. The shocks you use aren't really a true LT shock, with other YFZ front ends the lower shock mounts are closer to the spindle and get more travel than the Pro-trax. It'll handle like a dream but it's hard to dial the shocks in, but on other quads the pro-trax is the best front end out there. Very expensive though I think replacement spindles are like $1500 likelyhood of breaking one is very small but that is a lot of money for a replacement part!