PDA

View Full Version : I hit a deer today...

Robin Hood
05-27-2006, 10:41 PM
Well like the title says, my friends and I were returning from and already interesting ride, between drifting off the trail into the woods, and having my chain fall off and bind up, when we decide to take the old abandoned road back home. So it's 10 at night, pitch black with only our headlights to guide us we book down the road all pinned in 5th. I was behind my two friends because one had no head lights so i lit the road for him, when I catch a large object hurling towards me. Before I could even comprehend what happened I found my self being dragged by my quad down the road, then sliding off and tumbling to a stop a few hundred feet from where the accident occurred.

What actually happened was a doe leadped out in front of me and I nailed it dead on with my bumper, which is non existant now along with my head lights, but anyway... The shock hurled me over the bars, only to have the deer roll over me and rip me from the seat. I was caught on the nerfs but i guess i fell off one way or another only to have my friends come flying back to see what happened a few moments later.

The damage isn't too extensive, The bumper is ripped from the quad, the top left mount is torn off from both the quad and the bumper. My one headlight is on the road, or lodged in the deer, the other is in pieces. Plastics are torn a little and from being bent, they ghosted a bit. My tie rod bent a little, and my reverse nob is ripped off.

I snapped pics of the Raptor in it's current condition but it was on my phone so just hold out a day and I'll make sure I post em.

Oh, and I'm accepting donations for new quad parts. :p

Robin Hood
05-27-2006, 10:45 PM
Oh, I forgot to mention the best part! As I was laying on the ground motionless with my friends crowded around me a passer by pulls up in his car with his wife. They ask if I hit a deer and I asked why. Apperently they saw the deer limp off into the woods. After all that happened I didn't even kill the thing! :mad:

05-27-2006, 11:04 PM
lol ouch

blake_mx_racer
05-27-2006, 11:06 PM
Most people will try to flame you about the cop situation but they no they would do it too.

Musta sucked hittin that thing.

Robin Hood
05-27-2006, 11:11 PM
My bad. :p

Robin Hood
05-27-2006, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by blake_mx_racer
Most people will try to flame you about the cop situation but they no they would do it too.

Musta sucked hittin that thing.

Actually I was more in shock than anything. It took a while for my brain to process what happened. I couldn't believe I nailed a deer, seriously what are the chances?

I was more pissed at my quad being destroyed than anything else. :mad:

miller821
05-27-2006, 11:28 PM
Man to bad it wasn't a buck, and you didn't kill it:ermm:
But at least your all right, and now can laugh back at it.

LuckyOxygen
05-27-2006, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by ride hard man
Man to bad it wasn't a buck, and you didn't kill it:ermm:
But at least your all right, and now can laugh back at it.

In may, what would be the difference in killing a buck or doe?

miller821
05-27-2006, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by LuckyOxygen
Well, if you killed it, I dunno about you but I would want to keep the rack...

blake_mx_racer
05-27-2006, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by ride hard man
Well, if you killed it, I dunno about you but I would want to keep the rack...

They lose their racks every year and they are just now starting to grow back so say it was a 10 point it would only be a small button buck with velvet

miller821
05-27-2006, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by blake_mx_racer
They lose their racks every year and they are just now starting to grow back so say it was a 10 point it would only be a small button buck with velvet
LMAO I feel like A.F.I now... But I still would of hung the head on my wall or something.

05-27-2006, 11:42 PM
iwould eat it though:blah:

prepracing
05-28-2006, 05:28 AM
Originally posted by LuckyOxygen

Sounds like its time for the talk about the birds and the bees for you, maybe you need to ask your parents to tell you the difference :devil:

trick250r
05-28-2006, 06:08 AM
if i hit it and it didnt die, well , id kill it more. deer jerky is good

05-28-2006, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by trick250r
if i hit it and it didnt die, well , id kill it more. deer jerky is good how, get right back on and keep raming it in its back legs? xD

Robin Hood
05-28-2006, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Crath
how, get right back on and keep raming it in its back legs? xD

I was going to go back and look for the thing but we figured we shouldn't linger around for too long. I'm going back to were I hit it today to try to find my head light and or any remnants of the deer. :p

quads14589
05-28-2006, 11:53 AM
did u take the meat?

tar
05-28-2006, 12:08 PM
did u take the meat?

He didn't kill it.

05-28-2006, 01:28 PM

lol that was so funny

Toadz400
05-28-2006, 07:16 PM

Lmao! That made my day, thank you!

That sucks man, at least the damage wasn't too bad and you seem to be alright. Would've been a lot better if the deer died and you got to keep the meat.

250rAL
05-29-2006, 08:55 AM
So, right after your accident a car came along? Sounds like a pretty busy abandoned road!:huh

Robin Hood
05-29-2006, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by 250rAL
So, right after your accident a car came along? Sounds like a pretty busy abandoned road!:huh

Lol I'll re-phrase it then. I was on a road "less traveled" when...

Better? :p

I was suprised myself to see this old couple driving up to us that late at night, specially on that road. Wierd..:confused:

Oh, does anyone in the NJ area have a raptor front bumper I could buy today? I had plans to hit up a practice MX track in PA tomorrow, and I'd really like it to have a bumper on my quad. :blah:

ELewandowski
05-29-2006, 07:22 PM
WPWP:cool:

05-30-2006, 09:00 AM
PICS!:macho