PDA

View Full Version : 05 450r questions and problems

Foxracer37
05-27-2006, 10:25 PM
I bought a used 05 450r liek 2 weeks ago.. and its all stock cept for dg exhaust and k&n airfilter and no airbox lid and i was doing wheelies with it and riding it for like 3 hours or so maybe less and then it started bogging i thought it just needed gas so i put some in and it still did it.. it would idle fine and then when i gave it ags it woudl bog down and wouldnt run - and i changed the oil and cleaned out the carb and im running a 175 main jet ..so i took it to the dealer since i got a warrenty.. but what do you guys might think it is?.. and also should i beat a bone stock 04 predator in a drag race? i kinda like how the pred has the lower first gear. ive heard of people putting the 13 tooth in it.. that will make the top end slower but that ok cuz i mainly trail ride but will they change anyhting with the drag racing the pred? or hsould i still be close?

400exrider707
05-27-2006, 10:37 PM
You should be able to wax the pred, they are not very fast stock. If it has similar mods it will be a close race, probably whoever is the better racer. As far as you problem, just sounds like it got rich, was your air filter really dirty by any chance?

Foxracer37
05-27-2006, 10:50 PM
it was a really dirty k&n.. but then i got a brand spankin new k&n and first day i took it out with it