PDA

View Full Version : AC Racing product review

bwilson624
05-27-2006, 09:37 PM
I just installed the AC Racing blackline nerfs with heelguards, blackline bumper and both skid plates. I took it for its first ride today and I am very impressed. The skids do a great job besides a little rattling and they don't take away hardly any ground clearance. The bumper looks great, but hopefully I won't have to use it. The nerf bars are great. I really like them. The only complaint I have is I think the heel guards are to close to the footpegs. It'll take some getting used to, but by the time I left today, I was almost there. I just wanted to let yall know that all the good things you hear about AC Racing are true. Great products.

400exrider0004
05-27-2006, 11:35 PM
i like AC too.

Abrannan19
05-28-2006, 07:46 AM
can you post some pics of your new nerf on your bike..i really want some

DJJ450r
05-28-2006, 02:35 PM
Glad to hear everything went on smoothly and is working great:D Now get some pics:macho

spanky101
05-28-2006, 09:05 PM
it seems like with ac its either hit or miss... i kno alot of ppl that hate ac products because of their fit where they have to beat the nerfs to fit and everything

eastside 400
05-29-2006, 11:06 AM
i personally hate AC, their nerfs are junk after a couple rides usually, the nerf moves on the propeg shaft cuz they dont use good aluminum for the nerfs and it stretches and all. ive seen brand new nerfs in boxes come to the shop missing welds, sometimes we have to weld them before we can send them out, i personally like DG now, they've gotten alot better in the last couple years

DirtDevilBT
05-29-2006, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by spanky101
it seems like with ac its either hit or miss... i kno alot of ppl that hate ac products because of their fit where they have to beat the nerfs to fit and everything

You got that right. I had to "adjust" my propeg with heelguard and the front bumper.

The heel guards being too close to the pegs is something i went through. Trust me, you wont get used to them. I cut mine off and am competely happy with my modded nerfs and bumper. lol

Punk'd
05-29-2006, 09:31 PM
My engine skid rattles to..

bwilson624
05-29-2006, 10:10 PM
You got that right. I had to "adjust" my propeg with heelguard and the front bumper.

Yeah, my bumper gave me hard time, but the nerfs went on a lot easier than I expected and after 4 rides now, they still look great. I'll be getting a camera soon and I'll post some pics when I do. Thanks for the comments guys.

eganracing
05-29-2006, 10:19 PM
personally i hate ac. first off i have a size 15 boot so it dosent come close to fiting imbetween the peg and the heel gaurd. secong they rattle like no other. third they were a pain in the *** to put on(i shouldnt have to drill holes into a brand new product so it stays on). and fourth i bent the right hand side! i dont know how it happened but i just noticed it the other day.

bwilson624
05-29-2006, 10:22 PM
Well I guess it is just hit or miss. No happy medium. I didn't have to drill anything with mine and I only wear a size 11 boot, so I guess the heel guard is a pain for you.

400ex45
05-30-2006, 05:57 AM
i notice when i first rode with mine the the heel guards were close but know i dont even notice them anymore so i must of got use to them.

ex kid
05-30-2006, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by Punk'd
My engine skid rattles to..

cut up a few small strips of foam and duct tape them to the skid plate where the frame rails will meet the skid plate

john.E.business
05-30-2006, 10:38 AM
Yea my acs are good but i have had them for about a yr now and there starting to rattle... but im sure i could just tighten them...

Punk'd
05-30-2006, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by ex kid
cut up a few small strips of foam and duct tape them to the skid plate where the frame rails will meet the skid plate

I did excatly that.. Still makes a noise.. Im going to try some weather stripping:D

watts16
05-30-2006, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Punk'd
I did excatly that.. Still makes a noise.. Im going to try some weather stripping:D
thats what i did:macho

exrider008
05-30-2006, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by eganracing
personally i hate ac. first off i have a size 15 boot so it dosent come close to fiting imbetween the peg and the heel gaurd. secong they rattle like no other. third they were a pain in the *** to put on(i shouldnt have to drill holes into a brand new product so it stays on). and fourth i bent the right hand side! i dont know how it happened but i just noticed it the other day.

i also have a size 15 boot and i love my ac pro pegs i have no problem getting my foot imbetween the peg and the heel gaurd, they went on fine and r holding up very well. i dont know why everyone hates the heal gard cuz i dont notice a thing.:confused:

trick250r
05-30-2006, 07:39 PM
i've got the reg ac nerfs, no heelguard, ect... and they're great. the only thing is the AC sticker on the right side nerfs came upside down.

as far as the heelguard goes, i dont see a need unless you're racing XC or riding trails.

TWISTED
05-30-2006, 07:53 PM
AC = JUNK AND PISS POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

blake_mx_racer
05-30-2006, 07:53 PM
There fiting is pretty bad but i like there looks the best so i went with them. I had to cut the heel gaurds off of mine cuz my feet are so big it just wasnt happening.

GIXXER1KR
05-30-2006, 08:20 PM
Definately a god idea to stick weather stripping to the frame where the skid plate comes in cotact with the frame!!!i do on all my skids and no rattles.I went with PRM though!!!

eganracing
05-30-2006, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by exrider008
i also have a size 15 boot and i love my ac pro pegs i have no problem getting my foot imbetween the peg and the heel gaurd, they went on fine and r holding up very well. i dont know why everyone hates the heal gard cuz i dont notice a thing.:confused:

have u ever had a different set of nerfs? i liked the pro aromors on my 440 much more than these.

DirtDevilBT
05-31-2006, 12:27 AM
The heal guard thing is a problem for some. All depends on where you put your foot on the peg. I like to ride with my balls of my feet or almost the toes on the pegs. My heals are on the back bar where the heal guard used to be.

I cut my guards off but left the tins on the bottom. They look just like the ones in the pick only with the tins behind the peg. I think AC has the best looking nerfs out there, especially with the big peg / nerf combo. I can't stand the 3 piece stuff like roll design where the peg/nerf/ heal gurads are all seperate pieces. Yuk!

P.S. Drilling the hole in the peg is no big deal, grow up. It's AC's way of adjusting for the unknowns. I put two bolts through though. The only thing I had to do was beat the nerfs bracket where it mounts to the engine mount into submission. The fitment is VERY much hit or miss, but I think their products are some of the best looking out there.

exrider008
05-31-2006, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by eganracing
have u ever had a different set of nerfs? i liked the pro aromors on my 440 much more than these.

i had a set of ac without the heals but my friend has the pro aromors and i like them both just as much as the other

schootar
05-31-2006, 03:02 PM
I just installed a set of AC blacklines on my 450 and they went on with no troubles. I'm very happy with the fit and look. I also have some AC Propegs on my EX and they went on with no problems either.