PDA

View Full Version : Motorsport Products Nerfs?!?!?!?!?

yamaha91
05-27-2006, 08:12 PM
I just got my new nerfs bars in from rocky mountain atv. The brand is Motorsport Products. I tried to install them today and I either got the wrong nerf bars, or these things have horrible fitting. when i bolted them onto the pegs, they wouldn't even touch each other where they are supposed to meet in the frame. It even said on the receipt that they are for 2005 trx450r??? Anybody else have this problem with these nerfs, or any suggestions of why it wouldnt fit? Thanks

jimmy123_272
05-29-2006, 09:44 AM
that would be the reason why they invented the hammer
just joking
they probably sent you the wrong one

hoopd450
05-29-2006, 11:54 AM
my brother just bought a set a couple of weeks ago. they looked pretty nice but were no where close to fitting. so he just sent them back. we thought that it might be because he runs roll design race pegs and they might fit better with stock location pegs. but i guess if yours didn't fit either then it must just be the way they are built. its just too bad they couldn't design their product a little better before releasing it.

MMcCannon
05-30-2006, 02:48 PM
I don't know about the brand of nerfs but if they are for a different quad or they just fit horrible, Rocky Mountain ATV i'm sure will be good about making it right. I have done alot of buisness with them but am not a huge spendor and they still make sure they take good care of me. Never heard of anyone else having support problems either. Good luck with the nerfs.

Motorsport
06-01-2006, 02:19 PM
My name is Brian Fry from Motorsport Products. We design and manufactuer our products to fit. When there is welding involved in building a product the heat will cause the aluminum to expand and when it cools it will cause the metal to contract. This will sometimes change the geometry of the product. It is inspected after welding for fitment before it is package. If the product needs to be corrected, we will make the adjustments before it is packaged. Not to long ago we had a production run of 450R nerfs get package without being inspected (that employee no longer has this responsibility). They where release to our distributors by accident. It appears that you may have received your nerfs out of that production run. We stand behind our products a 100%. All you have to do is call @ toll free 800-344-9745 and we will resolve your issue with no hassels.

yamaha91
06-01-2006, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by hoopd450
my brother just bought a set a couple of weeks ago. they looked pretty nice but were no where close to fitting. so he just sent them back. we thought that it might be because he runs roll design race pegs and they might fit better with stock location pegs. but i guess if yours didn't fit either then it must just be the way they are built. its just too bad they couldn't design their product a little better before releasing it.

I agree!

yamaha91
06-01-2006, 04:02 PM
Thank you motorsport guy. i called

MMcCannon
06-01-2006, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Motorsport
My name is Brian Fry from Motorsport Products. We design and manufactuer our products to fit. When there is welding involved in building a product the heat will cause the aluminum to expand and when it cools it will cause the metal to contract. This will sometimes change the geometry of the product. It is inspected after welding for fitment before it is package. If the product needs to be corrected, we will make the adjustments before it is packaged. Not to long ago we had a production run of 450R nerfs get package without being inspected (that employee no longer has this responsibility). They where release to our distributors by accident. It appears that you may have received your nerfs out of that production run. We stand behind our products a 100%. All you have to do is call @ toll free 800-344-9745 and we will resolve your issue with no hassels.

Good to see you guys do back your products.