PDA

View Full Version : TUSK Off Road?

lefthander12
05-27-2006, 07:10 PM
Is this new Tusk stuff I see around any good? The price seems about right for my broke *****, but I wasn't sure if it was good stuff or not. Anybody used any of it? I'm thinking about an extended axle for my 300ex?

exrider008
05-27-2006, 07:42 PM
tusk makes great stuff. i use there brakes and clutches, and ive heard great things about there axles. GO FOR IT!

Ex'r Marlin
05-28-2006, 09:47 PM
A riding buddy of mine purchashed TUSK handlebars, and while jumping out on the MX track, the handlebars sheared off where they mount to the clamp...:eek: :ermm: At this point, he had no control of the atv, and could not pull in the clutch... Not good. If it means anything, he does not appear to be rough on his equipment.

Personally, as for handlebars, I would rather see them bend than shear off.

Best of luck on the other TUSK products, but I would not recommend the TUSK handlebars...

Over-land 450r
05-28-2006, 10:19 PM
bars are bars. i beat the hell out of mine and they hold up. i doubt that it was B/c the bars...

jdboy
05-29-2006, 04:30 AM
I ran a set on my CR500 and they held up great! While riding at Coal Creek Ohv. I lost it through a fast corner and ended up about 20 ft. down the side of the mountain. The bars tweeked a little but wasn't even noticable to someone who wasn't on the bike every day.

rooster300ex
05-29-2006, 11:47 AM
I had a set of there bars on my 300ex, but i was in 4th gear sliding around some mountain quarry roads, and got out of control and 360'ed and flipped it over and sent me on my back on gravel good thing i had my helmet on, i heard it hit gravel, anyways it bent the hell out of them tusk bars. onething though i couldn't bend them back.

flyin#5
05-29-2006, 09:30 PM
i sheared a pair of tusk bars also... right at the clamp. went to pull up for a wheelie and they just snapped pulling my throttle cable and revving the crap out of my motor with 5 hours on it. i have the g force axle, its good for the price. finish isnt that great, but keep it clean and it should be ok. i bent one of them.... quite bad but i did overshoot a 45ft jump built for freestyle (lots of hangtime) by 10ft and landed a bit crooked. they sent me a new one free of charge.. except shipping for sending back the old one for testing.

lghickman21
05-30-2006, 05:42 AM
are these bars shearing off while wrecking them? or are they just breaking? and are they tusk brand or are they the longhorn brand that RM carries?

khen
05-30-2006, 09:04 PM
A buddy of mine broke his Tusk bars at the cross bar clamp as well.. He landed the backside of a 45' table nicely and they just snapped on one side.

I have used Tusk brake pads, clutch plates, nerf bars, and the G-Force axle so far with good results. I also have had good luck with the RMATV riding gear lines, ARC and Torq.

They're about a 45 minute drive for me(between me and the dunes), so I buy from them whenever possible.

motoboy66
05-30-2006, 10:50 PM
Sounds like these guys didn't take the sharp edge off the bar clamps. This is something that would cause them to break. I race XC with the Tusk fat bars, beat the SH%^ out of them, and they have held up great. I'll buy another set for the money. Sometimes stuff just breaks, we all know that.

Creech52
05-30-2006, 10:56 PM
are these "TUSK" bars the Longhorn fat bars that RM atv sells, Im looking into a set but not sure about the quality, although I am definetly going to get the HD tusk clutch kit for my banshee ive heard only good things about it and its dirt cheap compared to the $90 EBC fibers

motoboy66
05-31-2006, 12:13 AM
yeah they are. I have both and they work great.