PDA

View Full Version : Air Filter bracket

z400clone
05-27-2006, 04:37 PM
I'm getting prepped for a trinity air filter kit. In the meantime, this bracket should work on my current setup. The air temp sensor will be mounted to the plate(it is zip tied away from the heat right now) after I mount up the trinity set up. Took the outerwear off so you can see it better.......

I had to polish it to make up for the sloppiness of my work.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d41/friedad1/Picture080.jpg

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d41/friedad1/Picture079.jpg

dakar
05-28-2006, 09:15 AM
that looks pretty good , did you notice a power increase , and what did ya do about the air fuel ratio, i mean do you have pim or cherry bomb

z400clone
05-28-2006, 04:34 PM
I currently have a CB and with the last dyno runs I made with the airbox(no lid), it was rich enough to support more airflow. So I added this. Runs WAY better now that it can breathe. I do have a PIM on the way though.

AL Elks
05-28-2006, 07:27 PM
And you're going to love the PIM. With the PIM you are going go get a harder hit throughout the RPM range. At least that's what my SOTP (seat of the pants dyno) tells me.

z400clone
05-28-2006, 09:07 PM
I'm liking the sound of YOUR dyno Al. I'm going to the dunes this weekend and like every advantage I can get. Hopefully I can get it slapped on and wired up pretty quickly.....

TRXDresh
05-31-2006, 08:47 PM
Are you worried about sucking hot air into the intake since there is no shield to the exhaust?

z400clone
06-01-2006, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by TRXDresh
Are you worried about sucking hot air into the intake since there is no shield to the exhaust?

It will just sitting still, but I don't ride sitting still :D

The heat should run off the pipe while I'm riding. There's no doubt about it, I would rather a little hot air over no air(stock air box)

z400clone
06-04-2006, 11:11 PM
Just wanted to follow up on this thread. After running the bike hard for hours on the sand, I would feel the plate right after a ride. VERY little heat was transferring to the plate. It was even less than I had expected. Also, the outerwear was pretty close to the pipe and it did not melt or wasn't even warm feeling. I suspect the filter is getting less heat while moving than most think it is. Very pleased overall.